Chapter 1: The Hurt

Katie POV

Hello my name is Katie Yolanda Taylor, let me first introduce you to myself give you a background history about me, I live in Rancho Palo Verdes, CA born and raised. I love the sight-seeing it’s very beautiful. My mother Cassie has 4 kids, Me, Catherine, Anthony, and Rob. I was always the target one getting blame for things that I didn’t mean to do…

Palo Verdes

(Scene fades when she was a child)

My father left when I was only ten years old, mama caught him cheating with another women; so they had it out. I saw my father charged at my mother and started choking her I ran to my father and started hitting him with my fist for him to let go of my mother.

“Let go of my mother! STOP IT! STOP IT!” I yelled

My father grab me and throw me against the wall, causing my back bone too almost to break.

I was tall and slim at the time, so of course my bones could easily break, but thank God my back didn’t break after all.

 When I looked into my father eyes I seen fear, a man who has been broken into pieces, hurt, portrayed all because my mother didn’t trust him. My mother always wanted to know where he was at, she kept calling him and bugging him. I guess he got tired of her mess so he wanted to hurt her, but what I didn’t’ understand was why he came at me? I did nothing to my father. My father was like some type of monster I have never seen this side of my father before, all I can say was…

 “Daddy please, don’t hurt me I didn’t do nothing wrong to you, all I asked was to stop hurting mommy. Please daddy, don’t hurt me.”

I was trying to figure out what was going on inside of him that made him explode like that. He finally let me go… I can still feel his hands covering my neck. He grab his things and heading out the door my mother starts running after him I got up slowly still shock about what happen, I walk to my room slowly rubbing the lower part of my back. I closed my door and fell to the floor started crying my heart out.

“Katie! Open up it’s your sister Catherine! Are you okay?”

I put my hands up to my ears, I didn’t want to be bothered…

“LEAVE ME ALONE!!! GO AWAY!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs at my sister…

“Are you okay sissy?”

I started praying to Jesus…

“Jesus, help my family for I am sorry for what I caused its Christmas Eve and I want my family to be happy. Now that my father is gone….” I paused…then I continued

.… “There will not be no Christmas ever again for me…. Jesus protect my dad everywhere he goes. I wish I can go say sorry to my daddy, but right now I’m hating everyone in this house and I can’t wait until I moved out and have my own house and get married and live happily ever after.”

It torn me up inside that my daddy left us, without saying goodbye. It was Christmas Eve when daddy left. The next day I didn’t want to get up out of my bed.  I was sore and can hardly even move. I hated everyone in that house. I blamed everyone in that house for my daddy leaving. When I know it wasn’t’ their fault…

“Come on honey get up…”  I heard my mother say..

I just laid there not saying a word to her…I hated her…

“Honey I am so sorry about what happen last night, but your father was wrong for cheating on me with other women…”

I raised up quickly and told my mother…