Three

"Well, that's the end of practice guys." I announced to my choir that I lead. "Have a great rest of your day and I'll see you tomorrow for the youth group."

Everyone nodded at me and said their goodbyes before they all packed up and left in a hurry.

I then went to my piano and sat down on the bench.

I started to go through the music papers again when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned and saw Liam.

"Going to walk me home again today?"

"You got here just fine today?"

"My mom drove me."

I chuckled at that.

"Alright." I said. "But I have to stay a little longer and practice some songs on the piano."

"Alright." he nodded. "Can I sit down though? My back hurts from standing for so many hours."

"It was only three."

"Can I though?" he asked in a whiny voice.

"Sure." I said and scooted over on the bench so Liam could sit down.

"So, what are your favorite songs?" he then asked as he ran his finger over the keys.

"Like, gospel wise?"

"No." he said shaking his head. "Any other type of songs."

"I really love Thinkin Bout You by Frank Ocean."

"Sing it."

"What?" I asked looking at him with a little bit of fright.

"Sing it." he said. "I'll play the chords."

"But-" I said and as he started to play the keys on the piano.

"Alright, alright." I spoke. "Start it again."

So he did.

"A tornado flew around my room before you came; excuse the mess it made, it usually doesn't rain. In Southern California much like Arizona, my eyes don't shed tears, but, boy, the pour." I sung out. "When I'm thinkin' bout you." I said and paused for a moment. "I been thinkin' bout you. I been thinkin' bout you, do you think about me still? Do you, do you?"

He then played a little bit of a solo before I started singing again.

"Or do you not think so far... ahead? 'Cause I've been thinkin' bout forever." When I sung that high note I looked down and saw goosebumps rise on Liam's arms.

When I went to sing the next high note I was surprised to hear Liam join in.

"Or do you not think so far... ahead? 'Cause I've been thinkin' bout forever."

I then looked down and I noticed I had goosebumps as well.

Before I could open my mouth again Liam stopped the keys.

"Holy shit." Liam whispered.

"Liam." I spoke swiftly. "We are in church."

"Oh yeah, sorry." he quickly apologized. "But holy crap Zayn. You have an amazing voice."

"Thank you."

"That high note though. You're so talented."

"What are you talking about? When you jumped in it made it sound even more amazing." I said giving him a compliment.

He's cheeks turned a little red as he thanked me.

"Well, no problem."

"I think you should go through with R&B. You're amazing at it."

"Well like I said yesterday, I can't. My dad won't let me."

"Go behind his back then."

"No." I said shaking my head.

"Why not?"

"Because I was raised not to."

"Or are you just scared to?"

I didn't reply.

"I bet you don't even have material to write because you have no experiences."

I didn't reply again.

"I knew it." he nodded.

"Alright, well laugh at me then Liam. Make fun of me that I'm such a goody goody."

"I'm not gonna laugh at you Zayn."

I looked at him then.

"You aren't?"

"No." he said shaking his head. "I'm gonna help you."

"Help me?"

"Yeah." he nodded. "I'll help you get those life experiences you need."

"But-"

"-No buts." Liam interrupted me. "You are going to do this."

"Well, what do you suppose we do?"

"First, I want you to tell a simple little lie to your parents."

"What lie?" I asked already regretting this.

"That your sick."

"Why?"

"So we can skip school tomorrow and have a little fun."

"Uh- no."

"Oh, come on Zayn. That's like 3rd grade level of life events that you haven't had."

I sighed.

"I shouldn't be agreeing to this."

"So is that a yes then?"

I looked him over for a moment.

"It's a yes." I nodded.

"Yes! I'm so happy you agreed." Liam smiled as he got up and got his stuff. "Ready to walk me home?"

"Yeah." I nodded and collected all of my things.

We then walked out of the church and headed for Liam's home.

"So, are you liking Nevada?"

"Yeah, it's alright so far." he smirked at me.

"What's the smirk for?"

"I dunno?" Liam shrugged but I knew he was hiding something from me but I just blew it off.

"So, what do you think I should say to my parents?" I then asked stilling thinking about the plan.

"That you're sick?" he said looking at me like I was an idiot. "How hard is that?"

"Well it's hard if you've never lied to anyone before... especially parents."

"Well you can do it." Liam stated as he patted my back. "Tell em you got diarrhea or something. They won't question you or take you to the doctors for that."

"That will work?"

"Yeah." he nodded. "I'll use the same thing on my mom."

"Alright then." I nodded as we walked up to Liam's front door.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow Zayn." Liam said nodding to me before opening his door.

I just waved at him and then he closed the door in front of me.

This better work tomorrow.

___________

I hope people read this, lmao ~Ash