Pixie Chapter 4

"You will not embarass me again!" An intimidating shadow flickered by the corner. the fireplace, the only light in the room, added to the haunting atmosphere that the furniture-filled study always had.

Bea's father still wore his pristine tux, the tie in perfect place. she sat on the leather seat placed infront of the massive mahogany desk while his father sat on the opposite side, his features were as scary as a thunder that hit the sand in a storm. 

Bea didn't blink an eye at his fury, she didn't cower.

"In which way have i embarassed you, father?"

"Do not play your witty tongue on me, young lady. your tardiness will not repeat itself again," he all but thundered.

she can never explain why his father can appear so calm in front of the pack and any other person but when he faced her, Ricky Pierce seemed to transform and unleashed all anger at her. the man people admired to have a legendary control was the complete opposite when it comes to his family which included only her. Her mother died right after birthing her. more than once, Bea had had the opinion that her Dad hated her because of that.

"My apologies, father. i will strive to not make it a habit once i start living in the Mansion," she excused formally. if there was one word to describe her relationship with his father, the word formal would explain it all. in fact, it would almost be business too. 

a breakfast turned into a meeting--breakfast meeting.

a little pixie following the order of her elder (her father)--a secretary.

a damn trade of breeding for the sake of glory and pride to thier name would explain Ricky's breeding/mating transaction with the Alpha.

It still hurt to think that his father can all but sell her just to get rid of her. she knew she was somewhat a burden to her father. being the counselor and strategist ofthe pack was a job har enough without having to add raising a kid and training her.

she could recall their training sessions in the study or in the field. her father had once walked away without a word after she failed to deliver the proper effect of an opium she'd created. she got distracted by a sound and almost got both of them get Kabaoom when the small vial exploded. her father's quick instinct to construct a shield saved them.

after that she strived to master different mixtures of opium and manipulate explosives by quantity even if that was not one of his father's requirements. after that particular incident she soon found out that her father had lost hope of her being a successful pixie so their trainings stopped. but she didn't.

after mastering mixing things that goes kaboom, she moved on to making shields. she read books she could find in the library whenever his father was out or she'd snuck a book when his father was around. she practiced on her own since she was the only pixie in the werewolf lore aside from his father. 

when she was shipped to Woodsville to study like normal humans, she continued to practice. that was when she accidentally met Jadon, she had been mixing a particular substance with the water when someone appeared before her.

Her first instinct had been to eliminate, as she was trained to do when she saw a rogue but she hesitated and that earned her a friend. Jadon had explained that the smell of whatever she was mixing got his attention when he was walking down the sidewalk a mile away.

deciding that maybe the particular mixture may get them into trouble, they had quickly flushed it down the canal and turned her room's fan on with the windows open. after that they grabbed a drink by the local club and started their friendly relation albiet a secret one.

looking at his father now, she thought of the things she had gone thrugh to pease him that had failed. Being the top academic achiever hadn't been enough, being the best archer and hunter in the lore hadn't been enough. but it seemed that marrying into power was just the thig to answer his standards of a successful pixie.

so fool as she was, who was still hoping to please his father, she' gone through the stupid matchmaking with little protest (in words maybe but she had cried a thousand times inside).

"You will attend to the events tomorrow for the wedding's preparations. the Luna will accompany you for the fittings and all that's needed to be done. you will be respectable to those who'll greet you well and even to those who won't."

she nodded.

"on your birthday, the Luna and Alpha will be stepping down to formally present both of you to the Pack and the guests. i would ask you to please refrain from inviting your friends. your attention might be divided and you have far more important matters to attend to aside from chatting with them."

"But--" she started but the older Pierce continued as though she had not spoken.

"You will have to pack your things tonight. the hired men will come early in the morning to pick your things up and deposit them in your room at the Mansion. You will go home with the Luna."

the statement felt like the coldest water had been dumped on her. her father is so anxious to pass her on he couldn't even wait until her birthday to get rid of her.

"I see," was all Bea could come up with. "Good night, then," came the detached follow-up. she stood and walked unconsciously to the door.

"I hope you enjoy your new home," she heard her father say to her back. "and i pray you won't embarass me again," he added.

she gave a bitter smile although she knew his father couldn't see it and nodded before exiting the taciturn room and head to her room upstairs.

the housekeeper tried to talk to her on the way up but Bea waved her away.

sitting on her bed, she looked around the painted room filled with pictures and post-its she had forgotten to remove. 

this is my home.

as soon as the thought registered, another bitter smile curved her lips as she realized that even this holding was owned by the Alpha. it was a little extension for the Pixie family the Pack has agreed to live with them.

Bea remembered when she told Royce that this was her room when it would appear that this could easily be his room if he wished it. 

a faint cold laugh filled the still room. Bea stood and walked to her closet. methodically she grabbed bags and begun staffing her clothes, taking a mental note to set aside her clothes for tmorrow. after which, she started clearing the drawers and walls until six big bags sat by her door and her room started to feel like his fathers study.

deciding that she'd have to get use to the feeling, she climbed in bed and slept. she slept and awoke twice by nightmares she couldn't remember once she'd awaken. the third time laid her head on the cold pillow, she cast a sleeping spell on herself ust to be able to be presentble to the Luna once she met her this morning.

----end---