Phone Call

Hey everybody!! I really have a good idea of what I am going to do with my story now, so I am going to be uploading more often. But not next week, cause I have exams :(

anyway, enjoy!_______________________________________________________________________

"What was all that about?" Angela asked me as we got into the truck."What?" I asked innocently.

"Bella, I saw that you and Jacob almost kissed! That's not 'nothing'. That is really awesome!" I could see Angela was really excited for me.

"Oh, that. " I said. "I chickened out and ran away. But when we left I gave him my number."

"You did not." She squealed. "That is not like you at all. Wow, Bella. I'm surprised."

"Well, I'm kind of glad that I ran away, actually. I can't stand if I hurt Jacob. He's so sweet." I said.

"Hmm." she pondered. "I didn't know you liked him that much. Maybe we will get to go on double dates after all." She looked absolutely thrilled at this idea.

"Maybe." I allowed.

Angela talked the whole way home, just like the way to Port Angeles. It was weird hearing her talking so much, because she never usually talks all that much.

"Oh, and I really love that dress you got. You have got to wear that to our prom. I can't believe we're graduating this year."

"Wow, Angela. What kind of drug are you on? Because I want some, if it has this effect." I teased her.

"I'm sorry, Bella. It's just that today was a really awesome day."

"It was." I agreed.

_____________________________________

After I dropped Angela off at her house, I was really apprehensive about going back home, where Charlie was.

I knew he would be mad, but he had kinda/sorta given me permission to be out late. It was only ten o'clock. It wasn't like I was gone really long, till, like, two in the morning.

I drove very slowly home from Angela's. It took me fifteen minutes just to drive one mile across town. Like I said before, I was really apprehensive about facing Charlie.

When I pulled into the driveway I looked anxiously to the kitchen window, but there was nothing to worry about quite yet. Charlie wasn't at the window waiting, so he probably wasn't that mad anymore.

"Bella." he called as soon as I stepped across the threshold.

I held my breath for a couple seconds. "Yes?" I called back.

"Come here for a minute." he said from the living room.

I went into the living room and sat down on the only couch.

"You called?" I asked as I sank back into the cushions.

"Yes." He said in a serious tone. "I think we need to talk."

I nodded for him to continue.

"I realize that you are growing up, and, as much as I hate it, I don't have very much say over what you do anymore. You are an adult now."

"Yeah, I know." I said.

"I also know that you are planning to leave soon. Don't ask me how I know, I just have a feeling. Anyway, I am asking you not to leave without any warning. Give me at least a week before you go. Just don't leave me hanging."

"Dad, while I can't promise that I'm not moving out, I will promise that I will not do so without warning."

"So you are moving out? That is confirmed?" he asked.