Port Angeles Trip

Hey everybody! I hope you enjoyed the last chapter, even if it was short. I got my papers today and I'm ready to write!!!

_____beeley3__________________________________________________________________

I got into the driver's side of my bright red truck as Angela got into the passenger side. I pulled out

of her driveway and drove down the street, turning onto Main.

"Bella, do you mind if I turn on the radio?" Angela asked as we got out of town.

"Go ahead. It must feel lonely, cause I don't use it much."

She chuckled at my joke and then pointed to the gaping hole in my dashboard.

"What happened there?" she asked.

I looked sheepish. "The stereo broke, so I tried to remove it. My attempt was an epic fail."

"I see." she said. "You know, there's this guy in La Push that has a really good reputation at fixing cars for really cheap...maybe you could go to him." She suggested.

"Do you mean Jacob Black?" I asked in surprise. "I didn't know that you knew him!"

"Yeah, that's him. I don't really know him well, just I was broken down on the side of the road, and he stopped to help me. While he was boosting the car, he told me about how he fixes cars." she

explained.

"Oh. Yeah, I should go see him. I haven't talked to him for a while. I should go down there sometime to hang out."

She raised her eyebrows at me.

"What? He's a friend of the family. I don't like him that way. Besides, he's way too young for me." I defended myself.

She smiled a little evil smile "Sure, whatever you say."

I rolled my eyes. "You wish, just so I could go on double dates with you and Ben. Well, at least he's better than Mike." I shuddered. "Mike is so perverted."

"Eww, Bella, don't even talk about Mike around me."

"But he is such a perv. And he asks me out all the time. It's really annoying.

She just laughed. "I wonder what he'd think if he knew what we were saying about him right now."

"Well, the bitter truth is something we must all face. He deserves it." I said, and surprised myself.

Usually I wasn't so mean.

"Yeah." she agreed.

We chatted about stuff at school and upcoming events. I wanted to catch up on what I had missed, so Angela did most of the talking.

When we got to Port Angeles I turned onto Jay Street.

"Are we going to that new department store?" Angela asked.

"You got it." I said. "I have been here once, before my birthday. Alice wanted me to get a dress for my party."

"So what's it like?" she asked. "Modern? Stylish?"

"Of course. It is the best store in Port Angeles." I said.

"Are the prices good? I only have so much money to spend." she looked concerned.

"They're better than the prices in Forks. The stuff here is actually quite cheap. You'll love it."

We were already in the parking lot. It was about half full. That was pretty good, considering it was a Friday night, and most young people were out drinking.