:The Werewolf Under My Bed:4: Coincidentally

The Werewolf Under My Bed

So sorry it took so long to get this up, I just haven't had much time to write lately. The song to the side doesn't really have anything to do with the chapter, I don't think, its just what I was listening to when I wrote it. :)

Please read the note at the end!

Four: Coincidentally

Andie-

“Alright, spill. What's the matter with you today?”

Josh avoids looking at me when I sit beside him on the back porch. He leans his back against the railing, watching the wind as it blows through the tree line at the back of our yard.

“Where's Nat?” he asked, softly, completely ignoring my question as he posed his own. He made no move like he'd even heard me speak in the first place, but unless he were deaf, he had to have heard me. And why he was asking about Natalie confused me, hadn't he just stomped out of my room because she'd done something to piss him off? Or was he just asking because he really wanted to avoid her?

Grr, these two are so damn confusing!

“She's upstairs trying to decide if Aiden's going to ask her out or not.” I sigh, ignoring the little voice in the back of my head telling me to go up and kick her out before Aiden came back from wherever he'd gone off to. It would be wrong of me to do so, but I couldn't deny that it sounded like a very good idea.

“And you're just going to sit back and let them go out if he does?” Josh scowled over at me, his obvious dislike of the idea clear in both his voice and eyes. But the question threw me for a loop.

“What do you mean let them? Its not like I have a say in whether or not they go out, Josh.” If I did it wouldn't happen, I would do anything to have kept Natalie from even meeting Aiden. But that would have caused more questions than I have answers for. I'd end up having to tell Natalie who Aiden really is or at least part of who he is anyway.

“You could if you would stop lying to yourself.” Josh snorted, rolling his eyes at me.

“Lying to myself? How am I lying to myself, Josh?” Had he hit his head on something before he and Natalie came over? Ate something Natalie had cooked? What the hell was he talking about? What did he think I was lying to myself about?

“How long has Aiden been staying here? Six? Seven Years? How long do you think you're been in love with the guy? Two, maybe three years?” Josh frowned thoughtfully, ignoring the stuttering, almost choking sound coming from my mouth. Why the hell was it so hard to argue with what he was saying? “If not longer would be my guess.”

“W-what are you talking about? Me? In love with Aiden? Why would you assume something like that?” Even though I got my voice back, finally, it didn't sound right. It was too squeaky, too high, the way it got whenever my parents busted me sneaking in through my window in the middle of the night a couple of times.