:The Werewolf Under My Bed:3: Love At First Sight?

The Werewolf Under My Bed

It took me forever to get Aiden's 'voice' down. Its a bit odd for me, because he's more the silent, shy type and-well, its been difficult for me to write this out. Hopefully it doesn't sound completely stupid.

Three: Love At First Sight?

Aiden-

“Okay, you see-the thing is-” Andrea's sentence broke off, she flopped back onto her bed, rubbing her temples. Whatever it is she's been trying to say for the past five minutes, its obviously not something she wants to say. That cannot bode well for me.

Truthfully, I'm surprised this hasn't come before now. The fact that's she allowed me to stay in her home for this long will never cease to baffle me. It really isn't surprising that she doesn't want me here any longer. I haven't got much to offer and having her lie to her parents for seven years hasn't been very fair to her.

“I think I know what you're trying to say.” I say, leaning back against the headboard of her bed. I had expected this, though I hadn't expected for her to have such a hard time saying the words.

Confusion has her brow furrowing. “You do?” She tilts her head to the side, watching me curiously when I nod.

“Of course. You don't need to worry about it, its fine. Honestly, I expected this sooner.” Whether or not I wanted to leave is another conversation entirely. I doubt its one she'll want to have though. Most humans don't like hearing they're meant to be with an animal.

“Oh, good. So you don't mind?” Relief colors her eyes and I frown. Had she really thought I would make a scene about this? It was her house, her room, she'd taken me into. I had no right to be angry or even upset with her.

“Of course not. This is your house, Andrea. I'll leave whenever you want me to.” I tell her and push myself up from the bed, turning away from her before I have the chance to ask her to let me stay. If she didn't want me here then I wouldn't pressure her about it. I've asked her for too much over the years already, I've no right to ask for more.

“Huh? Leave? Who said anything about leaving?” She grabbed my arm, pulling me back to her bed before I could dodge her. “Aiden, I didn't say anything about asking you to leave. You don't have to go anywhere.” Andrea pushes against my shoulders, trying to force me to sit down when I refuse to do so willingly. “For crying out loud, its like trying to move a freaking mountain. Can't you be nice and help me out here?” She pouts.

I sit, drowning in her gaze just as much as I had when we first met. Only then I'd been too young to understand what it had meant. “You want me to leave, I understand. I've been asking you to lie to your parents and your friends for seven years, Andrea. You have every right to ask me to leave.”

She grabs my arm when I go to move away from the bed again. “But I didn't say anything about wanting you to leave! Damn it, Aiden, I don't want you to leave.” She huffs out a breath, blowing the hair from her eyes. “You're being extremely stubborn.”

“If you don't want me to leave then what is so hard for you to say?” I could feel the hope building in the center of my chest, but tamp it down. There's no sense in hoping for something I can't have.