Chapter Seven

*One Year Later*

Hikari laughed as he continued to gnawing on Natsu's finger, the little boy now teething. Lucy and Natsu both felt that he was growing up to fast for their taste. The competition of the girlfriends had been put on hold, due to the fact that a lot of jobs suddenly came flooding in, including multiple requests for Team Natsu. And then there was that month that Hikari got sick, which was a painful time for the entire guild. Natsu and Lucy got busy with odd jobs to pay for his medicine, the guild members volunteering to watch over Hikari.

Now though, everything was perfect for them, especially since today was Hikari's 'birthday'. In reality, it was the day Lucy had taken him in, which could be used as a birthday. Bisca had claimed that he looked around one, so that's the age they had decided to go for.

"Okay Natsu! Your job is to distract Lucy and keep her away from the guild for a few hours, okay? Happy, go with him as well." Erza instructed, before telling Wendy that she was in charge of making strawberry cake with Charle and Lily, and that it needs to be perfect.

Natsu picked up Hikari, who was instantly covered by the precious scarf Igneel had given him, to protect the baby's frail body from the intense cold outside.

"Let's go Happy!"

"Aye sir!"

Hikari giggled as he clapped his tiny hands together in excitement as the three boys walked out of the bustling guild hall.

•••••

"Yo, Luce!"

"Natsu! I was just about to go to the guildhall." Lucy said as she frantically searched around the room, her usually smooth blonde hair now a mess. "You left Hikari's Igneel here, and we both know how much he hates being separated from him."

"Then what're you looking for?"

"Igneel! I think I misplaced him! No, I did!" Natsu set Hikari down in the crib he had made him a year ago, looking at the worried Lucy.

"Well, let's find him then."

"Yeah!" Happy agreed before joining Lucy in her search for the stuffed dragon Natsu had given Hikari, which the baby had grown very attached to.

Together, the team practically tore her apartment to shreds, searching every inch and checking every corner of the place. After an hour or so of looking, Lucy and Happy gave up, flopping back against her bed. "Where could it be?"

"Hey Lucy? Did you ever check the crib?" Happy asked, lifting up his head until it felt heavy and dropping it back down.

"Of course I did!" She snapped at him before getting up to prove Happy wrong. Natsu trailed behind her like a lost puppy, before she came to a sudden halt. He ran into her, rubbing his nose that bumped into the back of her head.

"Oi, Luce. Why'd you stop?"

"He's right there." Lucy whispered as she pointed at the sleeping baby. The little pinkette was hugging the stuffed dragon close to his body, the best he could at least. "Igneel was right there the whole time... No wonder Hikari didn't make a fuss."

She sighed, exhausted, and flung herself back into her bed, nearly landing on Happy. "If he's sleeping, I'm sleeping!"

"Mhm!" Happy nodded, before instantly falling asleep on the side of the bed.

"Guys, I'm hungry!" Natsu complained, which was ignore by the half asleep duo. He pouted before joining the other two, slumping against the side of her bed. After a few uncomfortable minutes, he decided to sleep on the bed, which was a lot more comfortable then the one he had  back at his house.

•••••

"Hey Flames for Brains! You were supposed to distract Lucy, not fall asleep with her!" A familiar gruff voice said before a rough kick to the gut work Natsu up.

"Oo! Ice Princess! The heck was that for?!" An arm was raised to punch Gray in return.

"Ah ah ah! I got a baby" sure enough, Gray was bouncing Hikari up and down as he held Igneel for him. The baby was biting the tips of his tiny fingers to try to relieve the pain in his gums as he rested his head against Gray's shoulder.

"Five more minutes..." Lucy muttered in her sleep, snuggling further into her pillow which was Natsu's arm.

"Lucy?" Her delicate and dainty hand was caught in his scarf, keeping her arm laid on top of his bare chest. A pink blush, barely noticeable on his tanned skin, simmered as it covered his cheeks and the tips of his ears when he saw her sleeping figure.

"Maybe I was wrong about you needing a lesson in flirting." Gray teased Natsu, who in return, glared at him. "Anyways, get up! The party's been ready for an hour now. Erza is getting impatient for her cake."

"Yeah yeah, we're coming." His blush faded as he untangled Lucy's hand and slipped out of her bed, making sure her head was against her pillow. "Yo! Luce! Wake up!"

The blonde mage jolted forward in surprise, knocking a sleeping Happy onto the floor. "What? Is Hikari okay? Did something happen?" When she saw Natsu and Gray, who was holding Hikari, she immediately relaxed.

"We got somewhere to go!"

"Where we going?" Happy yawned as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes with the back of his blue paw.

"You know where buddy."

"Oh, right!"

"Do you guys know something I don't?" Lucy asked as she redid her side ponytail. Natsu shrugged as he headed out the door, followed by his blue, fur covered companion.

"You coming Lucy?" Gray asked as he readjusted Hikari.

"Yeah, let me just grab some things." Gray left to go meet up with Natsu, who was waiting impatiently for Lucy to come outside.

She snagged two jars of mashed up baby food for Hikari, and the blanket he used for naps with a few diapers, before shoving it all into the small pink bag she always has.

"Finally! You took forever in there."

"Shut up! You could have helped y'know? You know where everything is and what Hikari needs whenever we head out." Natsu shrugged and started walking towards the guild with Gray, who was happily distracted with playing with Hikari, who kept pulling on the black hair and lightly tapping Gray's cheeks.

Lucy grinned before running to go join her friends.

"Wait for me guys!"

Yay!! Update! Also, the winners for the sneak peek to my new book, will be announced on my board in a few minutes!

Until next time, peace!