Chapter Ten

Okay I honestly love this photo so much. I love the way that Lucy would turn against Loke, her own spirit to which she holds dear to her heart, and instead stays by Natsu's side, no matter what. It just makes me really happy about that. And also, seeing Gajeel stay with Natsu and Lucy as well.

Head canon, Gajeel and Lucy are great friends but everyone thinks they dislike each other from their teasing and Gajeel's normal mean self, but he actually wants to protect Lucy with Natsu. Like the fanfiction 'Into The Ring' on fanfiction.net

Lucy watched her partner, the look of confusion very apparent as she stared at the never leaving blush that tinted his face and crawled up the back of his neck, peeking through his precious white scarf. Natsu cradled Hikari safely against his chest as he continued to pull Lucy towards an unknown destination to her, the grip in her wrist firm but gentle.

"Wait for me guys!" Happy cried out in anguish as he flew after his best friends. He managed to catch up with them just as Natsu's hand shifted from Lucy's wrist down to her own hand as he walked at a slower pace. Lucy was relieved he wasn't dragging her around anymore, but she was still concerned by what happened back at the guild to make her partner act like this.

"Natsu? What's wrong? Why are you so angry?" Lucy asked as she saw her favorite exceed look at his buddy in worry.

"Angry?" Natsu stopped moving for a second to glance at Lucy incredulously before he continued to walk to a certain place he had in his mind. "I'm not angry," He corrected. "I'm just..." he adjusted his scarf so it was covered the darkening blush on his cheeks, muffling his answer into the scaly material.

"You're just what Natsu?" Happy asked as he tried to peer around his shoulder to get a better look at his best friend's face.

"I'm not embarrassed if that's what you're thinking!" Natsu blurted out suddenly, reminding Lucy of a firecracker. Natsu surely was a firecracker, taking in his magic and his explosive personality. Not to mention the pink hair...

"Cana just could have explained what she told me a different way, cause I would never do that to you Luce! Well- I mean I would, but- not like how she said it! Cause you're Lucy and I have to protect you, and why would I do it hard and rough, instead of nicer?..." He tried to explain, but it just sounded like a bunch of word vomit to him. It sounded a lot better in his head, that was for sure. He felt his ears burning, along with his neck and cheeks, which was a new experience for him as a fire dragon slayer as he was used to heat.

Lucy just stared at him with a blank look as Happy giggled behind his hands- err paws? Hands? Natsu didn't know if that would offend Happy or not so he decided that it was best to just drop the paw and hand thing.

"Natsu, what do you mean?"

"I-I m-mean uh... Well, I-I mean th-that-"

"He means that he cuddles with Lucy while she sleeps to protect her!" Happy jumped in to save his friend from embarrassing himself any further with the blonde haired beauty.

"But what was all that stuttering you did? You never stutter Natsu. And what does that have anything to do with being rough-"

"I mean exactly what Happy said!" Natsu interjected before she could finish her sentence, instead wrapping an arm around her waist and pushing her in front of him as they approached a clearing with a big clear lake in the middle of it.

"We're going fishing?! I'll go grab the rods!" Happy happily (that sounds weird in Natsu's opinion) shouted as he flew off towards his and Natsu's home to grab them.

"Fishing?"

"Yeah! Hikari's first fishing trip with his dad and mom!" Natsu claimed cheerfully as he walked closer to the lake, never unwrapping his arm from Lucy's torso, much to Lucy's enjoyment.

She felt insanely warm where he touched her as tiny shocks jumped up and giving her goosebumps. He had never done that to her until up to a few months ago when he had hugged her after being gone for a week and then kissing Hikari and the forehead to which the baby giggled happily about and reached out to his dad probably as a way of saying I missed you.

Not saying that Natsu wasn't feeling it as well. He was just a lot better than her to not let it show.

Finally new update! Tell me what you thought, and if I should continue writing the way I did for this chapter.

Until next time, peace!