Chapter Three

Lucy tiredly laid on Natsu's back, nearly falling asleep as he walked them to the guild, Happy pushing the stroller that was holding Hikari with his tail as he floated by Natsu's shoulder.

It turns out that the nap the two had taken during the middle of the day, lasted until midnight when Hikari woke up crying. They fed him, played with him, changed his diaper, but he never let them go back to sleep so they could get back to the guild on time for Mirajane's party. So all in all, they were up all night and were now sleepily making their wall to their guildhall.

Hikari's little giggles came from the black stroller, the only sound in the street. His chubby little hands were in the air, reaching for Happy's blue and white tail.

"That baby cries too much." Natsu's muttered as he hoisted Lucy up higher, tightening his arms around her thighs.

"He doesn't cry that much for a baby Natsu. All babies cry, how else are you supposed to know if they are hungry or need a diaper change?"

Natsu huffed in annoyance as they finally made it to the guildhall. He kicked open the door, startling Hikari and almost making him cry, until Happy lowered his tail for him to play with, and walked in.

They could hear Gray and a few others' snickers as they slugged past them to a random table secluded in the back. Natsu quickly dropped Lucy on the bench before sliding in next to her. Happy pushed the stroller next to Natsu before sitting on the other side.

Ezra came over, with Levy, Juvia, Gray, and Gajeel an they all sat around the tired couple.

"You guys look like shit. Well, you always do Flamebrain, but for Lucy this is new." Gray sniggered under his breath at the insult he threw at Natsu.

"You wanna go, Stripper?!" Natsu slammed his hands down on the table, leaning towards Gray. The sudden noise made Hikari break out crying again.

"Natsu! Look what you did!" Lucy pushed him back down and reached over his lap to grab the screaming Hikari.

"Lucy! Make it stop crying!"

"Shut up Gray!" Natsu yelled. Ezra smacked Gray upside the head, making his face hit the table.

"Enough. You are just making it worse." Ezra said with her scary tone. Gajeel rolled his eyes in frustration and annoyance and Levy gave Lucy sympathetic looks.

Lucy picked Hikari up an places him in Natsu's lap who stared at her with a surprised face.

"What do you want me to do?!"

"You cause it, you solve it!" Lucy said as she wrapped Natsu's arms around Hikari in a correct manner. Natsu stated at the baby in worry and slowly rocked his arms.

"Um, there there baby..." He said as softly as Natsu could. Lucy tried to back away, but Hikari had a tight grip on her pinkie, refusing to let go.

"Ha! Lucy isn't even stronger than a baby!"

"Shut it cat!"

"Natsu!" The entire table looked up in surprise at Lisanna running towards the group. She stopped as she stared with wide eyes at the salmon colored hair boy and blonde girl holding a baby.

She quickly got over her initial shock as she moved her gaze from Hikari to Natsu and smiled.

"Remember when we used to play husband and wife? And had Happy as a kid?" Natsu's face flushed as she easily spoke of this in front of Lucy.

"Th-That was a long time ago!" He claimed defensively, bouncing Hikari in his arms, which caused Lucy's arm to bounce as well.

"Yeah... I guess it was, huh? Now it looks like you have a new wife and kid."

"W-What?!" The table snickered at the two's red faces. Lucy's heart pounded at the thought, of Natsu being her husband. She didn't know why, it made no sense to her. Why would she be feeling like this?

"W-Wait! You got it all wrong Lisanna!" Lucy said, shaking her free arm in front of her. "This isn't our baby! Hikari was left on my doorstep! I just took him in and Natsu is helping me with him a bit! That's all!"

Lisanna smiled at Lucy. "But you're like the mom, and Natsu is like the dad! And Hikari is your guys' baby! It's kind of like a real family! And Happy is the older brother! Well, I have to go. Bye!" She turned around and left before either of them could get a word out.

Gray suddenly laughed loudly, slapping his hands on his lap. "A family!" He snorted and continued to laugh, almost falling onto Juvia's shoulder.

"Shut up Gray! You're just mad because Lucy and I look good together!" Natsu snapped, wrapping an arm around Lucy's shoulder as he held Hikari in his right arm. Lucy's face went red as he spoke.

"Don't say stuff like that Natsu!"

"Why not?" He turned to we with furrowed brows and a confused look on her face.

"It makes people think we are dating!" She squeaked, her face growing an even darker red.

"So?"

"Hey, Flamebrain!" Gray called out angrily, pulling a surprised Juvia on his lap. "Juvia and I look better together, right Juvia?" Juvia's face flushed at the comment.

"G-Gray! Yes!" She hugged him tightly, not wanting the moment to end.

"Lucy and I look better!"

"No you don't!"

"Then we'll have a contest! Whoever wins is declared the best!" Natsu shouted, catching all the guild members attention.

"Contest?"

"Not another one."

Gray cut through the murmurs of the guild.

"You're on! Juvia and I against you and Lucy! Best couple wins!"

"Wait guys! We're not even a couple-"

"Let's go!" Natsu picked Lucy up, setting Hikari in the stroller and walked out of the guild with Lucy in one of his arms as he pushed the stroller with his other.

What just happened?!

Tired. Hungry. Pretty much like usual actually.

Until next time, peace!