Chapter 8

The next thing i knew, i was running to the elevator to stop Simon. But he was gone. I HAD to stop him.

I got into the elevator and waited for it to reach the first floor.

'Come on, come on!', i said.

Eventually it reached the ground floor. I ran to the front desk.

'You have to get me a taxi!', i said.

'It will be 10 minutes', said the woman behind the desk, in a snooty voice.

'You don't understand!', i said, 'it's an emergency!'

'It will still be 10 minutes!', said the woman.

'Right!', i said, 'you get on that phone and tell him to drive faster or i will scream this place down you fucking posh bitch!'

I hated swearing, but this was an emergency!

Not surprisingly, the taxi came pretty soon.

Eventually i got in and asked the driver to drive me home.

'I can't drive you that fair 'luv', said the taxi driver.

'Here!' i said, tossing a few twenty pound notes at him, 'that enough!'

'Sure!', said the taxi driver.

I was on tenderhooks the whole way home.

Eventuallly the taxi arrived outside my house. I ran and dumped my bags in the front door.

I ran to Jay's house. The door was open, and i went inside. 'Jay?', i called, 'Simon?'

I went into the kitchen. The whole place was a mess. I was starting to get panicky. 'Jay? Simon?'

Then i heard a sound from upstairs. It sounded like someone choking.

'JAY?!', i cried as i ran up the stairs.

When i opened the door, i couldn't believe it. Simon was there with his arm around Jay, and he was crying hysterically.

'Simon?', i whispered.

'Lauren!', said Simon, 'i'm so sorry. I didn't know why i left you there like that.'

'It's ok', i said, 'everything is fine.'

'Lauren?', said Jay.

'Hello', i said, smiling shyly at him.

'I'm going home', said Simon, 'but i hope you will be happy Lauren.'

'Thank you Simon', i said.

After Simon left, Jay and i talked for a while. We were going to take things slowly.

That all happened two years ago now. Jay and I are still together, and we're still friends with Will, Neil, and Simon. Simon even has a new girlfriend, Tara.

We're so happy. Everything's perfect!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much to everybody who has voted, and liked this story! I really didn't think that people would like it so much! If you want be to write a follow-up please say so!

Thank you so much!

Lauren xxx