Chapter 7

The weeks after that, flew. Jay and i could hardly look at each other. I was really confused, i knew i loved Simon, but a part of me was in love with Jay too.

Then, shortly before the summer Simon said that he had a surprise for me. I told him to come over to my house after school and he could give it to me then.

So that evening as we sat on my bed, i tryed to guess what he had for me.

'Come on Si!', i said, 'i can't wait forever!'

'Fine!', said Simon, and he handed me a box.

I hadn't a clue what was in it, so i teared the paper open. When i opened the box, i nearly died with shock, and happiness.

There were two tickets for the up-coming Take That concert in Wembley.

'Oh my god!', i said, 'i thought these were all sold out!'

'They were', said Simon, 'but i have connections. You haven't even seen the best part yet!'

'What is it?', i said, as Simon pointed to something written on the ticket.

It said, 'Backstage Pass'.

'Oh my God!', i screamed, 'i'm gonna meet Take That!'

'Yes you are Laur!', said Simon, 'and you know why?'

'Why?', i asked.

'Because, i love you Lauren', said Simon.

It was the first time he had said that. I didn't know what i felt. Delighted, but then, guilty.

'I love you too Si', i said, quietly.

Simon's face broke into a grin, 'and guess what else!'

'What?', i said.

'I booked a room in a really fancy hotel in London', said Simon, 'so we might try again.'

'Definatly!', i said.

Simon still thought i was a virgin.

So eventually the day of that we were going to London arrived. We had told the others about it, and as i expected, Jay wasn't very happy about it.

On the train to London, i thought i couldn't be happier. I WAS GOING TO MEET TAKE THAT!!!! I had gone to their last concert, and Mark Owen had waved to me, but now i was actually going to meet him!

So we arrived at our hotel at last, and when we got to the room. It was covered in rose petals, and there was a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket, beside the bed.

'Oh Simon, it's perfect!', i said.

'It's all for you Lauren!', said Simon.

So that night after dinner, we went up to the room.

As Simon kissed me while me lay on the bed, i knew that i didn't want to sleep with him.

As he started to unbutton my blouse i had to do something, 'Simon stop', i said.

'Are you ok? Is there something wrong Laur?', asked Simon.

'I can't do this', i said.

'Oh', said Simon, with a disappointed expression, 'well we can try again later, i won't rush you'.'

'No Simon! I can't do it ever! With you', i said.

'What do you mean Lauren', said Simon.

'I mean that i don't think i'm in love with you any more,' i said.

'What!', said Simon, with tears in his eyes.

'I'm so sorry Simon, i should have told you weeks ago. I love you, but more as a brother than a boyfriend.'

'What went wrong?', asked Simon.

'I, i think i'm in love with someone else', i said.

'Who is he?', asked Simon.

'I, i can't tell you Simon', i said.

'WHO IS IT?!', cried Simon.

'It's Jay!', i said.

'Jay?', said Simon, in a heartbroken voice.

'I didn't mean for this to happen!', i said.

'Just tell me that you weren't seeing him behind my back!', said Simon.

'I didn't!', i said.

'Right.', said Simon.

'I'm really sorry Si', i said, 'i didn't mean to sleep with him!'

'You slept with him!', said Simon.

'Oh shit, i forgot to say!', i said, 'Simon where are you going?'

'Home', said Simon, walking to the door, 'and i'm going to kill Jay.'

'What?!', i said, starting to panic. He wasn't serious was he?

'It's too late Lauren! He's dead!'

'Simon! Come back!', i roared.

What was i going to do? Was Simon really going to kill Jay?