Ch. 2

The next morning dawned on Sonny, asleep on Graffiti Pete, who was in turn asleep on Sonny's notepad. Sonny jumped as he realized where he was. Usnavi was not going to be pleased. Nudging Pete awake, Sonny stood up, stretching his sore muscles. They were still near the fire escape, where they must have fallen asleep while drawing.

"Damn, what time is it?" asked Sonny.

"I dunno..." Graffiti Pete rubbed his eyes and squinted at the sun. "Six?"

Sonny watched his friend shiver. It was then that he realized he was wearing Graffiti Pete's hoodie vest. Blushing, he took it off, feeling cold again.

"Sorry... you might want this..."

Pete smiled at him, blushing, as well.

"Yeah, thanks."

Sonny didn't exactly remember putting the vest on. Glancing sideways at Pete, a grin spread on his face.

"Were you cold last night?"

Graffiti Pete shrugged.

"Not really," he replied, with chattering teeth. He pulled on the hood, still shivering. "I don't get cold very often."

"Sure..." Sonny suddenly remembered. "I'd better get to the bodega. See you after it closes?"

"You sure Usnavi won't bust you for last night?"

"Pfft, nah. He probably won't even notice."

"Okay. See ya!"

-------------------------------

Sonny hadn't known that he was still young enough to be sent to his room. But here he was.

Usnavi had, indeed, busted him.