2p England x already taken reader

Not edited so I apologize for any mistakes. This was requested by ash_vainamoinen hope you like it!

Reader's POV--

I was officially panicking.

The kitchen was filled with smoke, the smoke detector was going crazy, and the cake I had made for this very special occasion was burnt to a crisp.

I scrambled across my kitchen to open the window, letting some of the smoke leave. Grabbing the dishtowl off the counter I began to fan around the smoke detector, trying to get the irritating beeping to stop.

My face flushed in embarrassment as I thought of the reason it was going crazy right now. I puffed my cheeks out in frustration, I just don't get it! I'm not a bad cook, in fact I'm rather good at it, so why did this cake turn out so badly?

I chewed my bottom lip as I mulled it over, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out what went wrong. 'And on such an important day too...'

I laugh at the irony of this situation. It figures that the one day I need things to go smoothly everything goes wrong. ' now what am I supposed to give to Liam?'

My face pales. My head whips to the clock in a panic, my (color) eyes widen when I see the time.

Liam was going to be here in less than twenty minutes! Pulling on my hair I tried to stop myself from hyperventilating. 'Think (y/n)... what to do-what to do?'

Forming a plan in my head I quickly grab my keys and wallet and sprint out the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I slow my pace to a fast walk as I enter the cute little bakery, relived that I was the only one there at the moment.

Walking up to the counter I rung the little bell as I waited to be served. I knew exactly what to do as I had been to this bakery a few times before, it was five minutes from my house and owned by a kind British man.

Oliver Kirkland was his name, he was always so sweet to me whenever I came and his treats never failed to impress.

Ah, speak of the devil, Oliver came out from the back room, giving me a big smile and a wave as he recognized me.

"Ello poppet! Lovely seeing you again, to what do I owe the pleasure?" I flashed a nervous, breathless smile at the man before me.

"Hello Oliver, it's nice to see you as well. Though, I'm afraid I'm in a bit of a rush today." A frown made its way to Olivers face, clashing with his overall cheerful demeanor.

The man was like a literal ray of walking sunshine. From his strawberry hair and big blue eyes, to his colorful wardrobe and bright smile, you almost never saw the man upset.

Which is probably why seeing him frown made me frown as well. "Oh? Well I'm sad to hear that poppet, what has you in such a rush?"

My face flushes and I get very bashful after he asks that question, a question I really didn't want to answer. How do you tell an amazing baker that you were here to by a cake since the one you made almost burnt your house down? 'Suck it up (y/n), you're in a hurry, remember? You have to beat Liam home!'

With a sudden realisation that I was only wasting time I turned my attention back to Oliver, giving him an awkward smile.

"Well... today is a very special day and I was making a cake--to celebrate, but something went wrong. And now I have less than 15 minutes to be back home with a cake."

Oliver's big blue eyes blinked at me, "Oh I see, what kind of cake where you wanting dear?"

I replied instantly, "Anything that's already done and ready to go." Oliver chuckled making me giggle slightly In return, though I think mine was out of nerves.