Chapter 8

When we came back from out train wreck initiation Mia knew something was wrong. She stood by the door as Derick and I walked up the few stairs. "How was it?" She asked and he totally ignored her. "Was it that bad?" she followed behind us.

"Well Murphy outed her for being Frances and Tadine's daughter and they tried to kill me so I think it went well." He loosened his neck tie and shrugged off his jacket. "Said that we were damned." He chuckled and she giggled and I was confused.

"Pfft." She chuckled.

"I guess they are going to curse us again." He laughed. This was getting weirder. They were okay if they got cursed.

"If mom was here she would tell them to go suck zombie balls." She laughed and sighed.

"I even saw Stephanie and Dhavion." Okay so that was his name.

"Aww how is she?" She asked.

"Still perky." He said and sat down. "Think you should go to bed now Polly." He smiled at me. I was beat no lie I got up nodded and walked out of his office.

"You have to." I heard a whisper and she stopped and well eavesdropped.

"I will not." I pushed her ear against Derick's office door.

"You can't always protect her." Mia said in frustration.

"Well I can try." He said.

"You can't always." She hissed getting annoyed. "They were going to take her this evening and you couldn't do anything because you were going to be beheaded." She snapped. "She saved you. You have to tell her that The High Council killed out her pack." What? My head felt fuzzy and dizzy. They were the ones that killed them. I pushed open the door and Derick stood he knew I heard everything.

"Polly I'm sorry." He rushed over to me but I stepped back. He knew and didn't tell me. "It was for your own good." He edged forward and I stepped back. How was it for my own good? I felt pissed and I wanted to rip every one of them apart. "Might as well we finish telling her." He shrugged. I sat on a chair too weak to stand.

"The Witch Tadine was the most powerful and the last royal witch and so was your father and they were to take over council ship. The council was corrupt and Tadine and Frances knew and they were going to change everything when they came into power and the council couldn't have that." I listened intently. "So they told all the neighbouring packs that they were to get rid of them but we and Murphy were the only neighbours. Murphy hated Frances and he took the deal and we were cursed with pain and dismay." She finished. They were indeed damned. They weren't to find happiness anywhere but I Derick found me.

"When you came and we realized that you were my mate we found out that the curse hadn't taken. Your mother saved us she was our family friend and I am sorry." He came closed and hugged me and I cried. Even in death they were protecting me but I had a lot of questions I needed answered. I need to know, what I was? Why I was suppressed? Where was my soul?

"They are going to come after her." Mia stated sitting on the desk.

"I know." He sighed. "But that can be dealt with tomorrow." He hushed.

"You guys should run away." She suggested. I shook my head 'no' if we run we will be running for the rest of our lives and I didn't want that kind of life. This wasn't time to run it was time to fight back. Blood must have blood. I will have all their heads. He felt it the darkness making its way to the surface.

"Polly I need you to stay in the light." He brushed the tear from my cheek and his touch sent waves through my body and he kissed me gently and I felt my pain ease away and the darkness that was once trying to overcome me was gone. The kiss got deeper and passion hit me in the face like a strong wind. I wrapped my hands around his neck and I kissed him harder I wasn't so insecure about the whole kissing thing anymore.

"Uhm...I'll leave." Mia said and the door closed. He pulled the zipper of the dress and cleared his desk and he was on top kissing from my neck down and with every touch it felt like glass was trying to shatter. He kissed the mark that he had made and the pleasure that ran through my body should be illegal. He dragged down the dress and I was half naked under him. He made his way back up to my lips and my fingers pressed against his forehead and I arched my back and he groaned. Shit. What now?

"Polly?" I heard Derick's voice and I turned around.

"Hey." I said and I touch my throat. "Oh my god, did you hear that? I can speak." I rambled and squealed. He walked up to me and hugged me and I sighed.

"I don't think this is real." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you're over there as well." He pointed my running figure in the woods.

"What's happening to us?" I asked.

"I think I'm connected to your memories." He said. "But why?" he asked me.

"Because my dawning is near and for us to be one you have to see what happened?" I sighed as we watched the events unfold like a terrible horror story. I was captured now in the dungeon and we watched in silence but never once did he let go as he saw the gruesome things I went through.

"I'm going to kill Murphy." He whispered. We were watching me get whipped and he flinched at every crack of the whip. We were half way through the memories when I curled up on the cold ground something stood over me or someone. It was a woman she had wings and I felt Derick shift. "Mom?" he question.

"Your mother was an Angel?" I asked.

"Yes." she disappeared. Why was she in my cell? We were at the time of my final escape and whatever had kept us there so long drew us back to the reality where he was on top of me. We stared at each other not knowing what to do. He got off me and we sat there silent.

"My mother was watching over you." He mumbled. "Did you know my mom?" he asked and I shook my head 'no'. "And what the hell is your dawning?" he got off the desk and walked around running his hand through his hair. I shrugged because I was the last person to ask.

"This is so frustrating and my hatred from Murphy is boiling my blood." He hit the wall and a hole was now there. I jumped off and touched his shoulder to calm him down. "I'm sorry." He apologized and I hugged him from behind. He and I had the same set of questions that need to be answered but who can do that. Everyone that might know something is dead. Gina and the witch sisters had been the ones to prophecy. Maybe they had a few answers.