Pan Rules the Island

Lilibeth is enjoying the first actual freedom she’s had on the island. Knowing she’d have to go back to camp, or they would find her. She heard leaves rustling and reached for her bow, that wasn’t there.

“Shit.” She muttered. “Who’s there?” She picked up a rock.

“Relax, it’s just me.” Will showed himself.

“What are you doing here?” Lilibeth asked. “Did Peter send you to check on me?”

“No. I came on my own. I wanted to make sure Pan hadn’t done anything to you.” Will admitted. “I was worried.” Lilibeth smiled.

“You? Worried about me?” Lilibeth asked. She laughed. “There’s something about Peter. Something I can’t quite figure out.” Lilibeth explained.

“Which is?” Will asked.

“How I feel about him. I mean I don’t like him, but I certainly don’t hate him. It’s an odd feeling.” Lilibeth admitted.

“Why?” Will asked.

“Everything was fine but when we were in the village, and the way he acted with the two boys, it was something not good, but I for some reason take his side on things.” Lilibeth explained. Will stared at her.

“What do you mean?” Will asked.

“Why is Baelfire so against Peter and the Lost Boys? What did you do to him?” Lilibeth asked.

“Baelfire? He- I- I can’t say or Pan will kill me. You should ask him that yourself.” Will replied.

“And what’s this violence. If you run, you die. If you talk ill of Peter you die. Why is he so violent?” Lilibeth asked.

“No one knows his past. He was on Neverland first. He’s always been here, as far as we’re all concerned. Courfeyrac is his second in command. After Courfeyrac it’s Robin and then it’s me.” Will explained.

“So if Peter dies, Courfeyrac is in charge?” Lilibeth asked. Will laughed.

“Something like that, but Pan is immortal. He cannot die. He can get hurt, but he holds the magic of the island, so he can heal himself.” Will explained. “A lot of us think that he’s older than he says. He’s not sixteen.”

“Really?” Lilibeth asked. “That’s why he hesitated.” She said to herself.

“What?” Will asked.

“Oh. Nothing.” Lilibeth replied. “So there have never been any girls on the island?”

“None that Pan has told us about. You’re the first. I mean unless you count Tink, but she’s just a fairy.” Will explained. “And the occasional mermaid on the beach.” Lilibeth nodded.

“We should be getting back.” Lilibeth replied.

“Uhm- Yea. We’re not that far from Camp anyway.” Will explained.

“So lead the way, Mr. Scarlett.” Lilibeth laughed. Will smiled at her. He lead her back to camp. Pan looked at her.

“Where were you?” Pan asked Will.

“Does it matter? He’s here now.” Lilibeth responded for Will.

“Are you Will?” Pan asked.

“He doesn’t have to answer to you.” Lilibeth replied.

“Please, stop.” Will whispered to Lilibeth. Pan walked toward her.

“How dare you speak to me like that? I rule over this island! I am in charge!” Pan explained.