Chapter 12

"Hey, you", Miles said smiling when I got into his truck.

"Hey", I smiled.

Miles turned looked at me with a small smirk on his face. His pupils dilated like they always did when we were looking at each other. I furrowed my eyebrows and laughed softly.

"What?", I laughed.

"I want to take you out...On a date", he said.

"Well, we'd have to go somewhere out of town. If someone sees us then. Things will get complicated.", I told him looking down at my fingers. Miles lifted my chin up and smiled softly. He kissed me then smiled.

"I'll find a place for us to go. Somewhere we don't have to hide from anyone. It will just be me and you", he placed a kiss on my forehead. I nodded.

Being with Miles right now made me feel nervous but the good nervous. The butterflies in your stomach kind of nervous. Even though I was nervous, Miles made me feel comfortable. He made sure that I was comfortable and never put me in an uncomfortable situation. He always made sure things were okay with me.

"Well, I can't wait for our date", I smiled kissing him.

We sat in his truck and talked about our day. I told him about Zoey and Luke's engagement. I also told him about them knowing about us. Miles was happy for them and he said he trusted them to know. He didn't know them too well and I could tell he seemed a little iffy about the whole thing. I reassured them that they would keep the secret and they wouldn't tell anyone.

We talked for hours and we always found a way to keep the conversation going. Miles was easy to talk to. He listened to what I had to say and gave feedback and I did the same for him. He was outgoing and understanding. He cared about what you had to say even if he didn't have any interest in it. He asked questions and commented on something you said.

I cupped Miles's face and kissed him. I pressed my head against his.

"Thank you. For listening to anything I said tonight and actually listening.", I told him.

He smiled and brushed his thumb against my bottom lip. "Of course. Anything that's important to you is important to me", he smiled.

I pressed my lips to his and they moved in sync slowly. I put my leg over the truck console and moved my body towards Miles. My butt pressed against the steering wheel and the horn honked, I screamed making me go back in my seat quickly. Miles and I began to laugh and I covered my face in embarrassment.

Miles laughed then looked at me. I sighed before looking at him. I could feel my face turn hot in embarrassment and Miles shook his head with a smile.

"I should go", I said laughing.

"Stay", he said grabbing my hand.

"I just honked the horn", I said

"Yeah with your butt", Miles laughed. I playfully hit his chest causing him to laugh more.

"Cool thing about cars though, Anna", Miles began. He held the wheel and flicked a button on the bottom of it. He pushed the wheel up and let it go. "You can adjust the wheel to give you room and-", He pushed a button on the side of his chair causing it to move backward. "You can adjust the seat", he smiled.

I gave an obviously fake laugh. "Very funny", I playfully rolled my eyes. Miles smiled, he fixed his seat before taking my hands in his and kissing them.

"Can't wait for our date", he smiled.

"I can't wait for it either ", I laughed before kissing him. We kissed a few more times before I got out of the truck and waved to him as I always did before going inside the building. Zoey and I would have to go shopping for an outfit to wear for the date I was going to have with Miles.

I messaged Miles to text me when he got home safe then I made my way back to my dorm room. Zoey sat on her bed then smiled when she saw me.

"We are going on a date. We have to go shopping for an outfit", I intertwined my fingers together. Zoey clapped and stood up. "Girl! We got some shopping to do! After class tomorrow, we can go", she said happily. Zoey was a very supportive friend and that's what I loved about her. We both know that this thing between Miles and I was going to get very complicated. We both know that we could get in trouble but Zoey wants me to be happy. In this time Miles makes me happy. Even if we haven't even known each other for that long. He made me happy.