Chapter 9

"Thanks for helping me tonight.", Miles said when we got back to his class and finished putting everything into the storage closet.

"Anytime, I had fun.", I said truthfully. Miles is good company and seeing him with kids made me helping him worth it.

"It's late, need a ride back to your dorm?", he asked. I nodded and thanked him. Miles locked up his class before we got into his truck. It was silent in the car before Miles turned to me. "Are you hungry?", he asked. I laughed before nodding, he smiled before he turned the car around.

We got to a small cafe that had a sign that said Open 24 hours. We got out of the car and walked inside, we sat at a booth. The waitress gave us menus. We finally ordered then got our food.

"So, how are your other classes?", Miles asked.

I took a sip of my water before answering. "They are good. Boring but they are good", I smiled. Miles laughed before throwing a fry into his mouth.

"Well, it will be over before you know it. What career are you looking into?", Miles asked.

"I want to go into the medical field but I don't know about that anymore", I took a bite of my burger. Miles set his cup down then wiped his mouth with his napkin. "Why don't you know any more?", he asked. I looked at him and he seemed curious about it. He seemed interested and he listened to what I said.

"It took me a while to learn the concepts and not a lot of professors are like you. I didn't think you were like you when you first came. Mr. Connor would always make sure we understood and we were lucky enough to have you that teaches the same. I just don't know", I said.

"Well, I think you can do it. Even when I'm no longer your professor I'll always be here to help you", Miles said before shooting me a quick wink.

We ate and talked about other things. Miles would make jokes that would make me laugh. Miles paid before we left and he drove me to the dorms. We sat in the car for a while and talked about different things. He was funny and he didn't let the conversation end. He always found something to talk about.

"Well, it's late. I should get some sleep, we got class tomorrow", I said looking out the window then at Miles. His eyes had dialed once again and he gave me a small smile.

"I hope you have a goodnight, Anna", he said softly.

I went to open the truck door but something in me told me not to. I closed my eyes and sighed before turning around to see Miles.

We both leaned in closer at the same time. Miles cupped my cheek and looked into my eyes. "Anna", he whispered.

"It's okay", I said.

I closed the gap between us and our lips pressed against each other then moved in sync slowly. I felt warm all over. We pulled back slightly and looked at each other again. I smiled biting my lip and Miles smiled. We kissed again before I sat back in my seat.

"Have a good night, Mr. Lincoln", I said opening the truck door and getting out.

"You too, Ms. Haden", Miles smiled.

I closed the door before walking into the building. I ran my fingers through my hair. I touched my lips that were tingling. I just kissed my professor.

••••

"Grades will be in tomorrow and don't forget if you didn't pass the test there will be a retake tomorrow morning", Miles said as everyone grabbed their things and packed up. Miles and I kept giving each other glances and small smiles throughout the whole test. I couldn't believe what had happened last night but it happened. It was real. I began putting my stuff in my bag.

"Anna", I looked up to see Logan. I gave him a smile, "Hey, Logan", I said.

"I just wanted to say sorry about yesterday", Logan began. I waved him off and laughed, "No reason to be. I like Raven she was sweet", I said truthfully. Raven did seem like a sweet girl and I could see her and Logan together.

"Yeah, we're just friends", Logan said shyly.

"Logan, that girl likes you.",

"Really?",

"I think you two should hang out again. I'm sure she'll appreciate it", I told Logan touching his arm. He gave me a smile and nodded before thanking me and leaving.

I turned to see Miles leaning against his desk with a smirk planted on his face. "Mr. Lincoln", I said walking down the steps.

"Ms. Haden", Miles said.

I walked over to him and Miles looked at me then folded his arms. "Did you have a good night?", he asked.

"I did, did you?", I asked. I was nervous around Miles now. It was just a kiss and I should be nervous but I was. "I did", Miles replied.

He pushed himself off the desk and walked over to me. "How'd you do on the test?", he asked. I adjusted my bag. "Good", I replied.

I looked towards the door then back at Miles.

"I should go", I said motioning to the door.

"Yeah, and I'll see you tomorrow in class", Miles said

Miles walked me to the door. I turned around to see him then shook my smiling. "What?", he asked as he chuckled. "Nothing", I said.

"See you tomorrow in class, Mr. Lincoln", I began to walk away.

"See you tomorrow, Ms. Haden", Miles said.

I didn't know how to feel. I felt good and bad. I knew that Miles could get in trouble but when we kissed I felt something I've never felt before. This was going to be very very confusing.