Chapter 6

"Exactly", Miles said to a student.

I rested my head in my hands. Last night Miles had left after a few drinks with us then left. Zoey had the bartender give us shots that we took and before I was already hammered to protest. I woke up with a major hangover which wasn't fun.

"You okay?", Logan whispered. I groaned shaking my head, everything was moving so fast I felt dizzy. I hated feeling like this, I didn't drink like I did yesterday because of this reason. I felt nauseous and I wanted to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. I felt Logan rub my back, I wanted this hangover to end so bad. I was in so much pain.

Miles was still lecturing until class finally ended. "Want me to wait up for you?", Logan asked.

I shook my head, "No, I'm just going to sit here for a while", I said. I heard his footsteps get quieter as he walked out of the room.

Everything was still spinning and I felt like if I moved I was going to throw up. I heard a sigh before hearing Miles talk.

"Rough night, huh?", he said. I didn't have to look at him to know that he had a smirk on his face.

"Shut up", I groaned. Miles chuckled.

"Take these, and drink this", he said. I looked up slowly to see two pills in the palm of one hand and a bottle of water in the other. I grabbed them and took them then drank the water then thanked Miles. He smiled then shook his head and laughed softly. "What did you do after I left? You look-",

"Like shit", I cut Miles off.

"I was going to say tired.", he said.

I sat back in my chair and groaned in pain, Miles sighed before walking over and grabbing my stuff and putting them in my bag. He put my bag strap over his shoulder then helped me up. "Come on, let's get you to your dorm", he said. I shook my head before placing it on his shoulder, "No, I can't. It's way too loud over there and I cannot deal with that right now", I said.

"Then lets at least bring you to a seat near my desk", he said. I nodded then we walked down the steps. He placed a chair near his desk where I sat down and rested my head. He put my bag next to me before sitting down.  "How much did you have to drink last night?".

"Too much for me to remember", I replied. Miles chuckled before it became silent and the only thing I could hear was him typing away on his laptop.

••••

"Anna", I woke up to Miles whispering. I opened my eyes slowly, Miles smiled at me softly. "Hey, it's already two-thirty. I have a class and I would let you stay but I checked your schedule and you got a class.", Miles said. I sat up and nodded slowly, I felt better and the nap I took was very much needed.

"Thank you, sorry for falling asleep", I said rubbing my eyes slightly.

"Of course, you feeling any better?", he asked.

"Much better", I replied.

"Good", Miles said.

I reached down and grabbed my bag. Miles walked me to the door, there was a small moment of silence before I cleared my throat. "Thanks again. I didn't pay attention to today's lecture", I began.

"You can come in tomorrow, there are no classes but I will here grading things. So you can come in and I'll go over everything with you", he smiled.

"Okay, thank you. Bye, Mr. Lincoln", I said as I began walking away.

"Bye, Ms. Haden", he said.

Once I knew I was out of his view I ran to my next class. I got there a few minutes late but quickly found a seat and took it. The class dragged and I just wanted it to be over, I wasn't too fond of it or the teacher. We were handed a test and I groaned quietly I hated tests, I was never good at them especially during high school.

Time went by slow, I finished my test and just waited for class to end which seemed like forever. When it finally did I was the first one out of class, I saw Luke walking across campus. I jogged over to him and he greeted me with a smile.

"How are you feeling after last night?", I asked.

"Total shit this morning but better now, how about you?", he asked.

I shrugged, "Same as you, Mr. Lincoln let me take a nap after class", I told him. Luke wiggled his eyebrows and bumped my shoulder gently.

"Mr. Lincoln, huh? I think he likes you.", Luke said. I rolled my eyes and shook my head, Miles was my professor and it would be extremely inappropriate if he liked me.

"He does not, he's a professor and he could lose his job.", I said.

"Looked like he thought about taking the risk. The way he looked at you last night, Anna. There was some kind of attraction there", he said looking at me as we walked. Miles didn't have a look in his eyes, he looked at me like he did everyone else. As a student of his. There was no way he would ever look at me that way and I was pretty sure he had a girlfriend, especially if he looked like that.

"I think he has a girlfriend.", I said.

Luke shook his head, "Anna, come on. The man moved here from Chicago to be a professor at our school. I'm pretty sure no girlfriend would make that big of a change in her life to be with a guy who's a teacher", Luke said.

"Well, if you were a teacher and wanted to move Zoey would pack everything to be with you.", I protested. Luke sighed rolling his eyes then shaking his head, "Zoey is different", Luke tried to back up his argument.

"No, she's not. You don't know how long he and his girlfriend have been together.", I pointed out.

"And you don't even know for sure if he has a girlfriend.", Luke raised his eyebrows at me. I sighed, Luke was right but there was still no way he looked at me how Luke said he did. But what if he did?