Prologue

GASP GASP GASP. It's here, my sequel to Three Years, Five Months and Eleven Days. **SPOILER ALERT** This is a SEQUEL. Let me repeat that, A SEQUEL. If you like the sound of it, but haven't read the first one, I strongly advise you to go do so, because while I'm trying to make sure it makes sense when read alone, it will make more sense if you read the first one first. Also I just like reads. Anyways, hope you enjoy this one. Dedicated to BeautifuL17KhaoS for the amazing cover, even though I was really difficult about it. 

*****************************************************************************

     Michael couldn’t believe what she was saying. ‘Are you sure?’ he managed drily.

     Debby nodded, a tear running down her cheek. ‘This isn’t gonna work Michael, it didn’t work then, it’s not going to work now.’

     ‘Don’t,’ he told her angrily. ‘Just don’t. It didn’t work then because we were too far away from each other, what’s going on now is completely different.’

     ‘That doesn’t mean that we should force something that was never supposed to happen,’ she told him gently.

     ‘You said yourself, when I arrived, that you couldn’t do this again,’ he told her. ‘And here you are, doing it again. Of your own free will. Last time it was out of our control, this time, you’re just doing it yourself.’

     ‘It’s bigger than that!’ she yelled, losing it now. ‘This is more than us making it work! It doesn’t matter if you’re willing to move here, or wherever I chose to go to university, it doesn’t matter if you promise to stay this time, it’s just not going to work out. What we had was always supposed to be a summer fling, you shouldn’t have come back here.’

     Michael wanted to scream. He had asked himself every day since he had arrived in St. David’s whether he did the right thing by coming back, and now that he had finally decided that he had, here Debby was, saying it had been a mistake.

     ‘I had my reasons,’ he told her.