Chapter Twenty-Four

Another chapter guys! Today I planned out exactly what is going to happen from here to the end, and it looks like there are less then ten chapters left! I'm really busy the next two weeks, but then I'll be writing as much as possible and should be finished by May 7th :O I also wrote the prologue for the third book, which is exciting!! 

Happy reading peeps!

*************************************************************************************************************

     ‘Can I see Anna again soon?’ Debby asked, helping herself to a handful of peanut M&Ms and shoving them into her mouth. Michael looked up from his bowl of cereal to where she was standing next to one of the kitchen counters. She was wearing a vest and underwear, with her legs on show. Jordan was sitting at the table with him and looked up at her too, then glanced at Michael and gave him a smirk. Michael never failed to be amazed at how comfortable Debby was around everyone.

     ‘You met her last night,’ he pointed out. She swallowed the M&Ms, then reached her hand in the bag for more.

     ‘Yeah, but I really like her,’ she told him. ‘I wanna be friends with her. Proper friends.’

     Jordan laughed. ‘Yeah Michael, you know, sometimes it doesn’t matter if you met the person last night or last year – you just click,’ he explained condescendingly. ‘Like me and Manda.’

     ‘You met Manda two years ago,’ Michael reminded him. ‘And you still haven’t “clicked”.’

     Jordan scowled and let out a huff. ‘Whatever man, you’re just jealous,’ he hissed, picking his empty breakfast plate up forcefully and walking over to the dishwasher. He exaggerated his movements, making as much noise as possible as he slammed his plate in, then stormed out.

     Debby sniggered as he did so. ‘He’s not actually mad, is he?’ she asked, once he was gone.

     ‘Nah,’ Michael told her. ‘Just trying to make a scene.’

     Debby nodded with understanding and shoved a few more M&Ms into her mouth. ‘So, what about Anna?’ she asked him, mouth full.

     ‘Well I can’t just call her up and go “Hey, my girlfriend’s in love with you or something, come hang out,” without her thinking you’re strange,’ he said. ‘And I’m presuming you don’t want that.’

     ‘Well then, don’t say that,’ she suggested with a shrug. She made an attempt at rolling up the bag of M&Ms and then shoved it back into the cupboard, where it unrolled again within seconds. ‘You don’t happen to have any nutella, do you?’ she wondered, giving him a hopeful look and keeping her hand on the open cabinet door.

     ‘Not unless you bought any yesterday when we went shopping,’ he told her. She sighed gently, closed the cupboard and turned around to lean against the counter.

     ‘So, Anna?’ she mentioned again.

     Michael laughed. ‘Wow, you really liked her, didn’t you?’

     Debby raised her shoulders. ‘We just really got along,’ she explained. ‘She reminds me a bit of Beth… only, not in love with me.’

     Michael raised his eyebrows in confusion. ‘In love with you? Beth?’

     Debby looked impatient. ‘Yeah, that’s how I found out she was gay,’ she told him, as if it was obvious. ‘After you left I was still really mad at her for convincing me to get drunk, and for the whole thing about her basically having controlled me for my whole life, but I was kind of depressed without you, so I called her and I went to hers to talk and she kissed me. The next day she admitted that she had strong feelings for me.’