Chapter 1

Metallic Need

Ch. 1

By: Cutegirlmayra (By all rights, I shouldn't be writing this story... I need to finish Sonic Supers and then Instincts XD but just like Sonic and the Chaos Kingdom, I at least want the first chapter up. So I won't finish this till Instincts is done, kinda like with Sonic and the Chaos Kingdom. Be patient! And hopefully, I can finish it when I get back from my mission or before then. Also, I just got my wisdom teeth pulled T-T So I'm writing this in pain as you read.... –sigh- Guess that fits the setting tho, lol! Pain~ but can a robot really feel that..?

I'm not referring to Metal Sonic... either...

Even if this won't be completed before Instincts, I had the urge to write one more chapter xD lol, Metal Sonic's five year plan kinda deal made me laugh pretty hard after rereading it. I hope you enjoy this story. As you may know from my other stories, I love plot, character, and most importantly, suspenseful drama within blooming romance~ EDITED: I tried to make it better :) neater. I also combined both Chapter 1 and 2 to make more space and room for Season 2. You may find this throughout my edits. ;) )

The Egg-shuttle's large sliding doors zoomed open to the sides at lightning speeds, causing a rippling effect through the whole space shuttle. It was... as old as time itself.

Eggman waited for the large, booming sound created by the doors to settle. Bits of the old ceiling above sprinkled down like crumbs of ash, giving further age to the dust already upon the ground. A large beep or buzzer was heard as Eggman looked up from being covered in the shadows. His glasses... the only thing shining in this abandoned junkyard of time.

He had thrown this hunk of junk into space, thinking it to be the perfect storage system, a nice little stroll through memory lane every now and then. Inspiring him perhaps... Not that he needed it, but it could be nice from time to time.

He stepped forward, continuing in his stride as past machines and inventions were seen from days gone by... when he was young, to when he first met Sonic, and onward.

At the very back of the heap of scrap metal, towards the very tangled cords and unladen electrical computers- completely void of any life and substance- hung his greatest and grievous creation yet...

"Ah, Metal Sonic." The old doctor looked up at the rusted blue and scrapped up Metal corpse of the being he referred to. His mustache twitched to the side slightly, then straightened himself up and gave a deeper, more profound look at it.

Eggman placed his hands behind his back and sighed, "So much planned devastation could have come from you..." he seemed to mourn but also mock the inactivated machine. "But I had to give you an AI... and I suppose that influenced you to rebel against me in the end... I wonder..." He looked down from the robot, seeming deep in thought as he spoke out loud. "If I had made your programming stronger... completely taken out your will entirely,... would you have still failed me? Perhaps a less dramatic betrayal, but...eh." he shrugged. "I suppose you were one of my most... the most... unfortunate....designs of mine."

There seemed to be some ownership over Metal Sonic's failure that Eggman had resigned to. But at the same time, a conflicting choking in his voice, as though to not take the sorrowful fault, or blame, entirely upon himself.

Eggman turned around, walking out of the storage shuttle as the doors began creaking to close behind him. Looking over his shoulder through the decreasing gap between the old, steel doors; he took only a moment to gaze upon the room one last, final time before departing.

After a quick scan, he huffed and raised his arm up. "Whelp! Back to work! Hahaha!"

The doors slid shut behind him, and the lights flickered off.