4; the castles tailor

"Sir, you have a visitor," Myeong said, poking his head though the doorway. I placed the fabric on the table and walked over to the door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"Um, it's me Go H--I mean, Hae Soo."

"Oh," I pop my head from around the corner of the doorway. "Hello, miss Hae Soo. It's been a week now--how is Goryeo?" I gush.

"It's alright, I guess," she gave me a light shrug.

"So you came here probably because you're lonely?" I ask.

"I'm just curious," she says.

"I see..."

"You definitely speak like you're from the future," she grins.

I laugh. "I guess I do, huh? So anyways, you're probably wondering about my life here, right?" She give me a nod at my words. "Well, I'll have that story for another day because here comes your servant."

"Oh, Lady! I've been looking all over for you!"

"Chae Ryung, sorry," she says with a smile.

As for me, I begin to head inside, seeing as I had no more take in the conversation with her.

the next morning

"What?! Are you sure?!" I shouted.

"Y-yes, sir!" Myeong stuttered, taking a step back.

"The king?" I whispered to him, unbelievingly.

"Y-yes! He wants you to work for his sons."

I fell back, sitting. "Why me?" I whispered.

Myeong slowly sat in front of me. "Maybe because he really likes the work you've done for his wife...?" he raised a brow nervously.

I kept my head down, my hand covering my forehead. Then suddenly, I shot my hands out and grabbed my underling by the shoulders. "YOU'RE RIGHT, MYEONG! This is incredible! Think of the money we could make! Woohoo! We must celebrate!"

"B-but sir~!" He whined. "The king said he would want to see you this afternoon. N-Now is not the time to get drunk!"

"Myeong! Why haven't you said anything! Shame, shame, shame!" My sudden mood swings were getting out of hand. "Anywho--lets get going."

"Wait," he paused, staring at me as I got up, "I'm coming?"

"Well, yeah. Let's say your my...hm, apprentice? You're being taught under the best tailor in Songak after all, kid!" I grin. "Let's be on our way~"

Myeong and I were being lead through the palace to where the king would be. In truth, I had no idea what the room would be called--throne room? "Sir, should you really be wearing that when going to then king?"

I turn down to Myeong and flick his forehead. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"N-Nothing!" he says, rubbing his forehead.

"Please wait," the guard who was leading us here said. He opened the doors to the king's room, motioning us to go in. As me and the kid took our first steps in, the doors closed behind us.

Myeong followed swiftly behind me, just radiating anxiety. "Myeong, you wait outside," I ordered, looking over my shoulder. I see him nod and take a few hesitant steps back to the door, looking back at me. "Go--I'll be fine."

Once I see him leave, I take a sharp intake of breath as I turn to where the king was. Walking down over to him, I knelt onto one knee. "Your Majesty," I bowed.

"Oh," he looks at me. "You must be the tailor named Bu Hwon, correct?"

"Yes, your majesty," I say, head still bowing. "You summoned me?"

"Yes," he sat higher in his chair. "I have a simple job for you; you will be the tailor for the princes. I'll be sure that you are payed to your advantage."

"Yes, sir."

"I would like for you to start this job tomorrow," he said, taking a sip from the cup in his hands. "Preferably the afternoon."

"Yes, your majesty. I'm at your service."

"Good," he put the cup down on the table in front of him. "You're dismissed."

I bowed, taking my time as I walked out of the room. That must've been the shortest interview I've ever been to.

It's kinda boring, but oh well