1; Bu Hwon

I was told I was to come here so I can find a meaning to live or else I'll have to suffer for all eternity. Doesn't that just sound so very pleasant? I was told I had ten years to do so, it's already been eight.

I've told myself that I want to live, hell I shouted it to the world yet nothing seems to stop the clock on my ten year due date.

Now after days of travelling, I've finally made it to Songak--or just outside the borders of Songak. I had only come here because of how many citizens were here and what money I could get from them.

Lifting my bag higher up my arm, I gave a short huff before taking a big step over a small fallen tree. "Aish, why don't you just take a break, Yeoreum," I told myself and sat on the tree trunk. "Oh wait, my name is Bu Hwon--I forgot."

I stretch my hands above my head and let out a groan. "Thank god I wasn't wearing a dress or whatever," I say and pat down my beige pants. As I dug though my bag, I began ranting under my breath.
"Oh, Lady Bu Hwon! You're 23 and unmarried? Well, yes I am probably because I come from 1000 years in the future to fin a will to live, not to be forced into marrige, if you know what I mean."

Just as I take out my drink, I felt a drop of water on my head, then followed by many more. "Oh you have got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed to the sky. I sat there for a moment, facing the sky then I snapped in realization. "Shoot, my books!"

Closing my bag and holding it tight to my chest I ran from my spot on the tree trunk and headed down a road nearby in search of a tree to hide myself from the rain. Thank goodness, I found a dry area at the base of a large tree.
Giving a strained breath, I heard the sound of a horses hooves from a distance.
It was coming from the opposite direction to where Songak was.

Better cover up, I thought and pulled my coat over my head, walking behind the trunk of the tree in order for me to not be seen by whoever was coming. Probably just a reflex from being in this era for so long.

The sound of hooves approached and then stopped just behind me, at the other side of the tree. Wow, that's just great. I could hear whoever was riding come off the horse. I breathed in and leaned my back on the trunk.

Guess I wasn't that quiet because the next thing I knew was that there was a sword at my throat. My eyes travelled up the sword and connected with the dark orbs of a man behind a mask--or half a mask? But, dang was this guy hot.

"Who are you?" he asked, eyes hard, practically boring into my sockets.

"Hey, let's put the sword down and talk like normal people," I chuckled, nervous.

It was for several moments he continued to stare at my face before lowing his blade, hesitantly placing it back in it's sheath. "Who are you?" he repeated.

I guess I just use my 'this era' name, I thought. "Bu Hwon."

"Huh," he grunted then took a step away.

"Hey! You just going to walk away without introducing yourself? Psh, rude," I mumbled.

He turned curtly. "Wang So," he said, still serious looking.

"Oh! Just like the prince! But there's no way you could be the prince when you're all like that!" I laughed, waving my hand at him.

"Like what?" he raised a brow.

"You have that...I could kill you at any time kind of vibe." He glares and I let out a nervous chuckle. "I mean that isn't a bad thing to have. You must be a real killer with the ladies." I didn't even realize the pun until I saw him turn his head and cough into his hand. I know that move. It's the I don't want to make it seem like I'm laughing, so I'll just cough.

So heyyy
Sorry if I made any mistakes and if it sucks.

FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM

ttorriia