Mess

Hi, I'm Cam. It had been one month since I had a sip of the person that last left me love drunk.

In this one month process, I had gotten two canker sores from stress, multiple breakouts, countless nights without sleep, and a gray hair. Midterms were the devil incarnate and I needed coffee to get me to the point where another cup of coffee would actually work. Every time I tried to eat, I would get nauseous and repulsed by the food in front of me. Fries didn't make me happy. I had 47 unread text messages in my inbox-- they were all from the same person: him.

Hi, I'm Cam and it's been one minute since I had a sip of the person that left me love drunk.

The ellipses dances on the screen as we attempted to talk it out-- well, text it out.
Grant at 10:47 PM: Well, well, well, to what do I owe this surprise?
Cam at 10:53 PM: Don't be smug. I'm still mad.

No, I'm not. At this point, you're forgiven for stupid things you do next year. I just miss you.

Grant at 10:55 PM: What did I do?

Cam at 10:55 PM: You left.

Grant at 10:56 PM: ???

Cam at 10:58 PM: You left NYC and you didn't say anything! Can you imagine how I felt? I was so excited to see you and hang out with you and then you just up and leave and you didn't even say goodbye

Grant at 11:00 PM: Oh, Cam. I am so sorry. I didn't realize that that hurt you like it did and I didn't know.

Cam at 11:00PM: You didn't know that that was a crappy thing to do to someone?

Grant at 11:03 PM: I mean-- when you say it like that, I know now. I'm used to just leaving and saying "See you later" and just living and moving on. I didn't realize you expected more

Cam at 11:04 PM: I didn't need you sit down and give me a talk about why you had to leave and how important this is to you and for you but come on!

Grant at 11:05 PM: No, you're right. You're absolutely right and I'm sorry. Is that what you've been upset about this whole time? And why you weren't speaking to me?

Cam at 11:06 PM: Yeah...
Cam at 11:07 PM: I just wanted to say goodbye and give you a hug and say I'd miss you and to come back soon
Cam at 11:08 PM: It's weird seeing you and I liked it. I like being around you and talking to you and being with you.

Grant at 11:09 PM: I like all of that too
Grant 11:09 PM: And so much more

I saw his ellipses go up and they stayed for a few minutes but then disappeared yet again. They popped back up for another fleeting moment but didn't last nearly a full second.

Cam at 11:11 PM: 11:11. Make a wish :)

Grant at 11:12 PM: Ok, done.

Cam at 11:13 PM: Ok, what was the wish you turned down?

Grant at 11:13 PM: What?

Cam at 11:14 PM: I can't ask what you wished for. Everyone knows if you say it then it won't come true. Granted, I could still ask but I want to know what you turned down? So if your wish does come true, I want to know what you gave up so you could get your wish.