Chapter 9

"Isn't he meant to meet you here?" I asked. We were sitting on a bench in the park across from the cafe we were meant to be going to have lunch in. Rhianna's uncle was meant to be here half an hour ago but still no show. We were starting to look like tramps. Someone even gave me 2p. I may not even be a real tramp, but really, 2p, talk about being a cheapskate.

"This is the place he told me. I don't know where he is though." She kept on looking at her watch every two minutes. I cant believe this guy! He is going to make Rhianna think he doesn't want her. Even if he doesn't want her, at least don't show it.

"Think we should just go?" I asked her softly. She looked around one last time then reluctantly nodded her head. We both stood up and began walking away when a voice called out to us.

"Rhianna?" The strangely familiar voice said. That voice... Rhianna whipped around to face the guy. I didn't want to turn around out of fear of who I think it is.

"Ryan?" She asked hesitantly. I knew it was him now. But I didn't want it to be true. I wanted to turn around and see a stranger, and know that Ryan was miles away. But deep down I knew that wasn't possible. I knew he was here.

"Sorry I'm late. My alarm clock didn't go off." He said. I turned around to face Ryan. He was still talking to Rhianna so he hadn't noticed me yet.

"Ryan, I want you to meet my best friend, Tiffany." He switched his attention from Rhianna to me. His eyes widened a soon as they met mine. I tried to keep up the act I was going with. Trying not to let the disappointment show. I just needed to act like I didn't know him. For Rhianna's sake.

"Nice to meet you. You should really get a new alarm clock." I told him. I tried my best to smile at him, but it didn't feel natural. It was too forced.

"I suppose you two could help me find one after lunch. May I call you Tiff?" He asked. Looking at him now you wouldn't think he was shocked. He smiled at  me like it was some kind of joke me and him shared. I hoped he could tell through my smile that I wanted to kill him.

"Of course." I said through gritted teeth. Rhianna gave me a confused look but I didn't take any notice of her. I just continued to glare at Ryan who seemed to find this whole situation funny. If he continued with this I was going to slap him.

"Should we go eat then?" Rhianna asked nervously. I didn't turn to face her. I kept my eyes on Ryan.

"Yes, as long as he is paying." I said smiling evilly at Ryan. He smiled back and nodded.

"Of course. Like I would let you lady's pay." He said. I had to keep the laughter from escaping me. He seemed like the type to take a girl to dinner then ditch her with the check. I don't think I was going to say that out loud though. Don't want Rhianna getting the wrong impression.

"I wouldn't think so considering you were late." I said before walking into the cafe. I heard Rhianna and Ryan follow me in. We grabbed at table and all sat down. There was an awkward silence between all of us.

This was going to be a long lunch.

Today was torture. Simplest way to put it. The whole time I just wanted to rip Ryan's head off but kiss him at the same time. Does that even make sense? To me it just sounds like I'm turning into a complete nutter. If I'm not already. I don't think Rhianna noticed my feelings. I guess that's a plus.

"I am so tired." I whined as I opened my front door with Rhianna behind me. The house was silent so I'm guessing my dad was at work. He's a police officer. Has been as long as I remember. I remember when I was little he use to drive me around in his cop car. I use to think I was pretty badass.

"It's not even that late." She argued as we walked up stairs to my room. I flung the door open and collapsed onto the bed without even turning the lights on.

"I don't care. Today has been stressful. I need sleep." I said simply. I heard her laugh and close the door behind her. The mattress suddenly dipped in slightly. Oh god...This means she wants to talk. Rhianna is well known for talking too much. It's just a coincidence she always does it when I'm tired. Im starting to think she plans these little chats...

"Did you like him?" She asked. I instantly went into panic mode.

"Why would you think that? He is so old. I bet he goes to bed at like 7 at night because he is too old to stay up later. Plus he is so not cool. I mean what kind of guy makes us go out and buy alarm clocks? I'll tell you, ones that don't have lives because there old. And I like my guys with a beard?" I was babbling like a complete idiot and I knew it. I just couldn't shut my mouth though. And the beard thing? Why did I even say that? I hate beards! Bits of food get stuck in them. It is so gross...

"Calm down. I just wanted to know what you thought of him. After all I dont want to live with someone who your going to hate." She told me. Now I felt like an even bigger idiot. I could of avoided this whole situation but no. I had to go and get all defensive.

"He's OK." I said with a small shrug. She gave me a weird look and grabbed a towel out of her bag.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"To start a rock band." She said as she walked towards the bathroom.

"Really?" I asked. I never knew she was into the whole rock scene.

"No. I'm going to take a shower. I thought it was obvious with the towel and walking into a bathroom." She said before closing the bathroom door. A little to forcefully I might add.

I sighed and flopped back onto the bed. I love beds! They make all your problems disappear. At least until you wake up. My phone began buzzing but I refused to pick it up. I was going to get some sleep even if it killed me. The phone eventually shut up. I sighed and snuggled in closer to my pillow. I couldn't actually rest though because I was curious as to who had texted me. I grabbed it from under the pillow. Unknown number. I opened the message.

Wanna help test my alarm clock?

How the fuck did he get my number?