Ch30. [Part 2] New guy is a jerk and I'm his buddy

Julian was standing in the centre of the room with a blonde girl and I watched as her lips touched his. They jumped as we swung open the door. It was Sasha.

You know that feeling when your stomach drops suddenly, like on a roller coaster or when you miss a step? The feeling of falling and not knowing when your feet would hit the ground. Julian had swept me off my feet and it seems now he had just let me go to fall.

This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't happening.

The camera dropped to the floor with a sickening thud, and I dimly remembered that people were watching this.

'Jacqueline...' His hands were up, as if I was some rabid dog.

I felt numb to my core. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I thought that we were going to be together. I was going to have lost my virginity to him.

This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't happening.

I was so wrong.

'I know what you're thinking.'

'What would I be thinking?' My voice was brittle and cold, utterly dull and lifeless. This isn't happening, this isn't happening, this isn't happening.

'Jacqueline I love you.'

'Obviously you don't love me enough.'

He reached for me as I walked out but I shrugged off his hand. His previous touch had left me warm; now his touch seared like dry ice. Too hot; too cold.

I stumbled across the lawn as people stared at me pityingly. A girl tentatively patted my arm as a guy ruffled my hair with, 'He's a real jerk Jack. You deserve better.'

Did I really? Was I such a horrible girlfriend that he would cheat on me with an ex? I sat on the curb and felt my heart warm up. Then it shattered to a million pieces and I broke down.

****

No more flashbacks. It's all going to be in the present now.

Whadya think?

Yes yes, he's a cheater. Or is he?

Good voting so far. Short chapter but IT HAS BEEN REVEALED.

Next chapter will be in present and pick up right where we left off - julian finally explaining :O