Ch2. New guy is a jerk and I'm his buddy

chapter two! hope you enjoy!!

****  

I swear my jaw must have hit the floor. I could feel myself getting really angry and I suppressed the sudden urge to make the back of my hand very familiar with his cheek. I clenched my fists.

'What. The. Hell! You thought I was a boy?!?!'

I could hear Rebecca cackling, but that was irrelevant at the moment. He was staring at me with mounting interest and something I couldn't really identify.

'It's not my fault that you obviously dress like a guy.' He grinned. 'Though I have to admit, it suits you much better when you have your hood up.'

I was definitely going to slap him on that chiselled face. But me being me, I have him one more chance to redeem himself before I slapped him silly.

'You want to say that again, mister?' My voice was dangerously low. 'Because my hand is just itching to whack your perfectly aligned face.'

He bent his head to mine, leaving only a hand breadths distance between our faces. Our eyes levelled, and I could feel his cool breath on my face. 'So you think my face is perfect? Interesting. Too bad I don't like girls who want to be boys. I find them a little rough on the eyes. You are a perfect example.'

That did it.

I was going to slap that pretty boy across the face.

And I did.

It felt good.

My right arm swung out and my palm smashed against his cheek. Watching his eyes widen in surprise and his head jerking away was so satisfactory, I was seriously considering taking some martial arts classes. I heard Rebecca gasp as he stumbled away, his hand covering the handprint that was rapidly turning red. When his eyes locked with mine, I could clearly see absolute rage in them and tensed my body to fight him back should he leap and attack me. But unfortunately for him, something/someone was watching over him that day that sent the principal storming my way towards me. First day of school and I was already in trouble. Sigh.

'...absolutely unacceptable... new student... violence is prohibited... record... detention...' Those were some of the main words I understood when Mr. Downey furiously shouted at me. He was clearly agitated as specks of spittle flecked me. I wiped them off and let him grab my arm (rather roughly... could I sue him for manhandling? Ehhh, what for? I didn't need money) and drag me back to the reception. As the final bell rang, I saw Rebecca lead Samuel to the nurse but not before he glanced back and mouthed, 'payback, bitch'.

* * * *

Half an hour later and several phone calls to a very frantic and upset Matilda, I was released to go my first class, English with a reminder slip that I had detention after school for the rest of the week. Luckily for me, if I behaved well for the rest of the week and apologized to Samuel, I wouldn't have this 'slip' as Mr. Downey called it, on my permanent record. I was 'delighted'. Apologize to Samuel? No chance in HELL. Mr. Downey would never ask and he would never know.

'English, Miss Andrews, Room 125. Here we are,' I muttered, before pushing the door open to my first class of the year. All the heads in class swivelled towards me, including Miss Andrews. Damn, I was really hoping for more of a discreet entrance.

'Where have you been, Miss...?' she asked.

'Taylor. Jack Taylor.'

'Umm, I'm assuming that your name is Jacqueline Taylor?'

I blushed. 'It's Jack. Here's my note.'

I handed her the note, and after reading it, she gave me a disapproving look.