Ch12. New guy is a jerk and I'm his buddy

it's christmas, and I was just in good spirits so i wrote the next chapter... =]

hope yah liek it... i made rebecca a bit... slow, so you guys could understand why i made the choice i did....

dedicated to - impossible

for commenting and making interesting and thoughtful comments

i'd like to mention MamikaBonita who noticed that I had broadcasted that chapter 12 had been up [earlier this week] when it really hadn't.

i sincerely apologize to those who got utterly confused.

in the future, if I make mistakes.. LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!

btw, did you all get the message I broadcasted to fans? [do you honestly get them and read them?]

if you didnt... IM ON PAGE THREE OF THE WHAT'S HOT LIST!!!!!!

thats right, you read right. effing Page three.

Fourty third place!! [I'm so cool, I actually counted]

so, please vote [if you haven't] for all chapters to get me higher on the list. [i have 75 fans. Why don't I have 75 votes per chapter?!? Im utterly confuzzled as to whyyy]

thanks so much!!!

xx

****

(the next day, Friday)

'So, you're dating Sam now?' asked Rebecca as we walked to class.

'Yep.'

'So how'd Max take it?' she asked slowly, testing the waters.

'It's a long story,' I said, running a hand through my hair. 'I think it's going to be awkward at first, but we'll slip back into being the same.'

Rebecca gave me a half-hearted smile, but I could sense the doubt radiating from her attitude. I wasn't angry, just tired. She couldn't understand why I had chosen Sam, the guy who had been a jerk to me since Day 1, when Max had always been there for me and had practically stated his love for me. I don't know why I had chosen Sam, but my gut instinct told me that I would be far happier being with Sam than I would with Max. I had tried to explain to Rebecca that Max and I would end up to be those couples that have affection for each other but not true love. We would stay together because it would be so familiar being with one another that we couldn't bear to break up to try relationships with other people. We'd get married and do the whole family thing, but there wouldn't be passion and fireworks and bells ringing and rockets firing up. She still didn't understand.

Imagine it like this. [a/n I believe in true love and soul mates, the works. I've seen true love and I know it exists out there. Here's hoping every one of you finds that perfect someone] Every person is a unique person who's shaped differently, like a really advanced puzzle piece shape or the edge of a key. People go through their lives looking for their perfect other half to fit their uniqueness. Max and I would be shaped similarly in comparison to each other, not a perfect fit but close. I would be happy, but I didn't want to regret and have 'What if's?'

'Now do you get it?' I asked Rebecca, who had been nodding encouragingly and muttered words of acknowledgement.

'Yeah yeah, totally. So we still on for shopping this evening?'

I felt my spirits slightly drop at the prospect of the horrors of shopping, but I nodded.

'Great! I'll see you at lunch!' She bounced down the hallway. I stepped into home room and was hit with another decision. Did I sit with Sam, my new boyfriend, or Max, my rejected suitor and best friend? And the fact they both had genuine smiles on their faces didn't help. I walked over to Sam and smiled.