War Is Inevitable

<<Flashback>>

    I smiled as Aeduinn wrapped his strong arms around me, leaning in closer as if to kiss me once more, but he stopped. Opening my eyes in surprise, I tried to draw away, something deep in my soul telling me to flee. Struggling to get out of his hold, I found that it wouldn't budge.

  "Oh, Genaveive," I heard Aeduinn chuckle, shivering as his hot breath fanned over my neck, "so naive and trusting."

  I tried to struggle, but I found myself rooted to my spot.

  "What are you doing?" I cried, unable to break out of his hold.

  "What am I doing?" he said as he leaned in closer, "I am simply doing what is best... to erase Shanelor out of history.

  "You swine," I growled through gritted teeth, and stamping on his foot, I drew back my elbow and smashed it into his jaw.

  An ear-splitting crack was heard and as I twisted out of his grip, reaching for my sword, I wasn't able to see his treacherous foot sweep my feet from underneath me.

  Seizing my sword and grabbing me by the hair, he pressed the tip of my blade to my throat.

  "Wretch," he sneered, "you taught me well, and it is now that the student finally finishes the master."

  Staring back in his eyes defiantly, I snarled, "You won't gain anything. Shanelor can still beat the likes of you. My father won't let you."

  "Oh, but I think he will," he smirked, and pulled a glittering crystal vial that was filled with a dark substance.

  Carefully unscrewing the lid, he grabbed me roughly by the throat. Gasping for breath as he squeezed my windpipe with enough pressure to almost strangle me, I felt my limbs weakening from the lack of oxygen. As I saw black dots edge across my vision, Aeduinn suddenly let go. It was then that he pursued his advantage as I sucked in breaths of needed air through my lungs. Shoving the bottle underneath my nose, I was forced to breathe in the contents. I suddenly felt dizzy as the potion rushed through my lungs. Seeing me weaken, Aeduinn slowly released his grip on me and stroking my hair, he whispered, "I want you to know Genaveive, that it is you who has done all this, and it is because of you that Shanelor will fall. May the Valar have mercy upon your soul." And that was the last thing I saw before everything spiraled into darkness...

***

   I gasped, clutching my chest, slamming my back against the bed. Jolting upright, I clutched my throat, the ghost of Aeduinn's fingers gripping my windpipe in a vice. "No," I whispered, struggling to clear my head, to break off the chains of the memory. Feeling my chest throb as if stabbed with a sword, I raised myself up before my feet connected with the floor. Soundlessly, I crept from my room and out into the balcony, which overlooked the entire city. Overhead, the country of Mordor raged; a silent and deadly firestorm that was holding its breath; ready to ignite its conquest in flames of blood. Pippin and Gandalf were already there, with Gandalf smoking his pipe and Pippin examining his sword with great interest.