Elvish Smile

Picture of Legolas above ^.^

A rustling in the dark caught my attention. My heart pounded in my chest. It was not from fear or bewilderment but rather from excitement.

It had been so long since I had last hunted some Orcs. Sliding a dagger from my pants, I scanned the camp. There were plenty of bushes and dark places, but I doubted that an actual Orc could even fit in there. I almost snorted when I pictured a bulbous orc trying its best to move through the prickly thorns and the branches of the bushes.

I tasted the air. It was damp with moisture and the scents of the forest danced across my nose. I froze. I felt a stare and a presence that I had felt before. Clutching my dagger tightly, I waited for the right moment. As the light footsteps got closer and closer, I jumped, turned in midair, and pinned the figure against the ground. I pressed my dagger against its throat.

"Who are you? A spy of Sauron?" I asked, my eyes filled with malice.

It was not until I heard a familiar muffled groan did I release my hold on the stranger.

"Legolas, you pointy eared idiot!" I hissed between my teeth.

Legolas emerged from the dark and into the light of the fire. He looked a little ruffled, but he was still clean and elegant. If there was one elf that made you feel self conscious, it was Legolas.

"I came to relieve you of your night watch," he explained carefully as if I was simple minded.

"No, you just came because you wanted to pretend to be an Orc," I muttered sarcastically.

"Excuse me?" Legolas frowned.

"Nothing," I said, rolling my eyes.

Ignoring the look that Legolas gave me, I crept towards the others and pretended to sleep. It was pretty easy. All I needed was a big snore and some muttering. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Legolas sat down on a rock and sharpened his arrows.

"Ughh, why am I staring at an elf with ridiculously long hair?" I muttered to myself.

Legolas stiffened and then stared at me, a smile gracing his handsome face.

"Snap out of it," I told myself. I tried to settle down, but I kept tossing and turning.

"Curse his handsome looks," I thought to myself.

Despite what I tried, I couldn't get the smile that he gave me out of my mind. It reminded me of someone else.

"Stop it!" I snapped at myself.

Nevertheless, I went to sleep with only two thoughts- that I must be going crazy and Legolas.

***

Thank you for reading this far my glorious readers. If you like this chapter or any of the previous ones, please click the vote tab above. Every comment is appreciated.