Captain Levi x Dead Cadet Reader ~ See You Later

Guess who's back? Back again? It's meeeee! I'm back after, like, a million years of me updating this book it's been so long...but recently my parents got me the AOT game and it is AWESOME! The graphics and everything are completely flawless, and the voice actors of the characters are the same ones from the subbed version of the anime which adds to the emotion and everything. And, as I've been playing this game in mass (whoops) it's made me fall in love with Levi all over again (but you can't forget Armin, Armin is bae). So I guess I'm back until I can't post anymore Levi so enjoy!

See You Later

"Hey Y/N."

Levi stood at the foot of your grave, the whole in his heart seeming a lot bigger now than it was before.

Was it because today was your one-year anniversary with him?

Probably.

After not receiving a reply from you - not that he would anyway - Levi knelt down in front of your grave, reading the words engraved on your gravestone over and over again.

He knew the final quote off by heart, as you always said it whenever Levi looked glum, which was close to always.

'Chin up, you're beautiful.'

Levi chuckled at the memory of you saying that everyday before lightly kissing his nose or forehead or lips, feeling cold salty tears run down his cheeks, tickling the sensitive skin there as the wind bit and spat at his face, his lips getting drier every second.

He missed you.

He missed your lips and your arms and your soft (hair colour) hair that he was always given permission to run his hands through.

He remembered the first time he braided your hair because you couldn't reach that far, and you'd never been so impressed in your whole life.

"Levi, I didn't know you could braid!" You had exclaimed in surprise, and Levi had cracked the faintest of smiles at how happy you looked.

He only smiled when he was with you.

But now you were gone, and it was almost as if you never even existed.

But how could someone so beautiful and so perfect simply perish from this world without anyone feeling as distraught as he did.

But I suppose nobody was as close to you as Levi as.

He still remembered how you died, even though he didn't want to, but the memory ran fresh through his mind everyday, and he still had nightmares about it even after a year  of you being gone.

You'd always had a fascination for the outside world - just like Eren and Armin, and the three of you ended up becoming best friends because of it - and you had always been the type of bubbly, optimistic girl, the type who didn't deserve to be born into such a horrible world.

But when you finally got a glimpse of the outside world, that mesmeration and beauty was taken away from you in a second as a Titan grabbed you and Levi wasn't quick enough to save you.

He still blamed himself for what happened, even though it wasn't his fault, and he was never able to face Titans the same way until a few months ago.

He found a new way to unleash his anger and remorse by killing Titans and soon enough, he had reclaimed his title as 'Humanity's Strongest Soldier'.

Wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his jacket, Levi stroked the petals of the bunch of (favourite flower) gingerly before laying them down carefully at the head of your grave.

"I brought you your favourite," he said, pulling back and bitterly admiring the emptiness of your bed.

How come no one cared?

"I remember you picking one out for me on our first date because you said they reminded you of me," Levi said, chuckling towards the end. "But I don't know how (favourite flower) reminds you of me, I'm so bland.

"Sunflowers remind me of you because you were the brightest flower of the bunch."

Were...

"Y/N, please talk to me," he begged, more tears rolling down his cheeks as his fists clenched at the dirt beneath his knees. "You can't leave yet."

But when he didn't receive another reply, Levi started to lose it.

"YOU CAN'T LEAVE YET, Y/N! THERE WERE SO MANY MORE THINGS WE WANTED TO DO TOGETHER!" He cried, burying his face in his shaking palms as he bawled harder than he ever had before.

The pain in his heart could not be mended, and he felt the last grasp of your liveliness slipping through his fingertips every time he woke up to you not beside him.

Finally composing himself, Levi unwrapped something from around his arm and looked at if for a moment.

Your Scout Regiment cape.

"Heh, look what I found," he sniffled, turning it around so you could see it - even though you couldn't. "It took me ages to find but I did it. I washed it just so you could have it. Here."

Levi stood up, sniffling again as he laid the cape down on your grave, the side with the Scouting emblem facing upwards so everyone who walked by knew you were a proud member of the Scout Regiment.

Wiping his eyes again, Levi straightened out his own cape followed by his uniform before giving you one last smile.

"I'll see you later, Y/N; don't think I'll forget your birthday next week," he teased, walking away from your grave and back to the Scouting base.

"See you later, Levi."

*

Love how the first thing I do when I get back is hit you all with the angst, sorry.

-Courteney x