Boyfriend Levi x Reader (22?) [Modern Time] ~ Birthday

Birthday

Your eyes fluttered open gracefully only to be greeted by the warmth of the sun shining through your bedroom window. A smile stretched across your face at the realisation that today was your birthday. You were now twenty-two years of age and it really didn't feel any different. But you weren't excited about your age, you were excited about what you boyfriend, Levi, had planned for your big day.

Every year, Levi pulled out all the stocks to make your birthday amazing and this year was no exception. Last year, he took you out to dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant and the chef had prepared the biggest red velvet cake you had ever seen! It was truly spectacular and you couldn't wait to see what he had this time.

Smiling to yourself, you got out of bed and headed straight to the shower, as Levi preferred it when you were clean.
After spending ten minutes in the shower, you hopped out and wrapped a towel around yourself before heading back to the bedroom to get changed. You picked out a light pink t-shirt and white shorts, as today was a nice summer morning, and slipped on a pair of white socks before going downstairs to greet your boyfriend.

"Morning, Levi!" You chirped as you made your way to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"Morning, babe," Levi replied, kissing you on the cheek as he walked past to empty his mug of tea in the sink. "Sleep well?"

"Well, I tried," you answered, taking a bite out of your toast. "But I couldn't sleep due to my excitement."

"Excitement?" Levi asked quizzically. "What were you so excited about?"

You stopped in the process of pouring your orange juice. Does he seriously not know? You laughed a little before continuing in pouring your juice.

"Is that supposed to be a trick question?" You laughed.

"Um...no..." Levi answered, confusion filling his voice. "Seriously, what were you so excited about?"

You turned to look at Levi who looked legitimately confused. His eyebrows were creased in such a way that you knew he didn't remember...your birthday...

"Did you seriously not remember?" You asked quietly, struggling to even believe that Levi had forgotten your birthday.

"Remember what? Y/N?" Levi questioned, the confusion on his face growing into worry.

"M...my birthday..." You whispered, on the verge of tears. You spoke so quietly that you were afraid that if you spoke any louder, it would come out as a sob.

Suddenly, Levi's expression morphed into a look of horror, then realisation. He face-palmed before engulfing you into a tight hug.

"Shit, I knew I forgot something! Oh, Y/N, I'm so sorry!" Levi exclaimed, your body going stiff within his embrace.

How could he forget?

You wanted to say something, but your mind, and body, were in shock. You couldn't even hug Levi back! He slowly let go of you in time to see your eyes well up with tears, making him feel even worse.

"Oh, Y/N, don't cry!" He begged, wiping away the tears that had already fallen with his thumb.

You flinched at his touch just enough to bring you back to reality. You jerked away from him and wiped your own tears away. Despite the fact you were hurt, you tried not to blame Levi for it. He was genuinely a very busy man and he can't always get on top of everything. But at twenty-five his mind should still be in tact, shouldn't it?