Captain Levi x Wheelchair Cadet Reader ~ Crippled

I don't have any covers today, so here's a picture of Ciel Phantomhive's eye. 😄
I know, I know it's been ages but I've been having writer's block for like, a million years and I'm finally back. Sort of...I have serious exams starting Monday so lord save us all.

Crippled

You wheeled around the corridors aimlessly in search of something to do. Wheeled because you were in a wheelchair and aimlessly because the others had gone out on another expedition as more and more titans are seeming to approach Wall Rose. And, of course, you couldn't go because of your condition. You were paralysed from the waist downwards as a result of a horrific incident that happened a few years ago when you were fighting with your teammates out on the field.

A titan, a huge one - probably twenty meters - was approaching you and your fellow teammates, and your squad leader, Captain Levi, had told you to take it out. You did as you were instructed, killing the titan swiftly and surely but in the process of using your ODM Gear to glide back down to safety, you were grabbed by another titan and your legs were squeezed until you had lost all the blood in them. Close to death, you were rushed back to the infirmary and, instead of disposing of your useless legs, they decided to paralyse you. You never knew why they chose to paralyse you rather than kill you or chop your legs off, but you never liked to think about it.

You had always thought of yourself as a hair above useless ever since that happened but, most of the time, you remained optimistic and it left people wondering how you did it. How you always seemed so bright and happy despite the fact your life was changed forever. Most of them blamed Levi for your accident, but you knew it wasn't his fault. It wasn't anybody's fault. Your captain, who had no idea you would be nearly killed, ordered you to take out a titan and you did. But what happened after that was not his fault. You thought of it that he must've thought you were capable enough to take out a twenty meter titan, assuming that you were skilled enough, which you thanked him for. Thanked him for trusting and believing in you. Thanked him for making your crush on him grow even more by the day...

You looked down at your legs. They looked almost healthy but just a little more skinnier than your arms and rest of your body. Miraculously, the doctors managed to restore some lost blood back into your legs but you still never felt the same. You missed walking and running, the closest you could get to it was zipping through the field on your wheelchair which...never really was that much fun anyway.

You sighed, the only sound echoing through the corridors being the sound of the squeaking wheels of your wheelchair. You wheeled past the mess hall and noticed a figure inside of it. Stopping instantly, you reversed just so that you were in the doorway, peering inwards. Inside, you noticed someone cleaning, someone you recognised just from their body.

Captain Levi. He was in his usual cleaning attire that you thought made him look quite sexy.

Being the nosey brat that you were, you decided to go inside. You pushed yourself through the heavy oak doors and were careful not the bet the floor dirty.

"C-Captain?" You stuttered, obviously nervous that you were in a room alone with your captain. Your voice echoed off the walls around you in the empty space, even though you spoke rather quietly.

Levi turned around quickly, as if in fear or shock. Despite the fact that he was on the other side of the hall and probably couldn't see your face, you smiled.

"Oh, Y/N," Levi said, within a sigh of relief. "I thought you were someone else. I apologise for my reaction."

Your smiled grew a bit as a light hue appeared on your cheeks. Due to the fact that you were in Levi's squad, he was entitled to calling you by your first name. Also, you had noticed that he was being a lot nicer to you ever since the accident, probably his way of making it up to you.