Chapter Fifteen.

sorry its a bit short, but over 2,000 words is my minimum and I didn't have time to make it any longer, but I hit the aim anyway xxx

Rachel. Monday - 30 Days (4 and a bit weeks)

Today was the 23rd of July, and today was my year's last day of high school. Well, the last day of normal school anyway. Exams took up all most of the week while Friday was a half day which would be our very last. We would only have to come back sometime in August to collect our exam results but then people would be off with their A-levels and B-Tecs, off to some university or job. Most people but me. 

"What are you planning to do after sixth form, Rachel?" Ashley asked me, some girl from my English Language class as we walked up the main stairs together. 

Nervously, I bit my lip knowing that while everyone else in my year would be carrying on with their lives, I'd actually bringing up another life. I'd miss out on parties for a while, but this was my mistake and I was going to make the most of what I was set out to do. "I'm thinking about taking a gap year actually, maybe go travelling before going to Uni or something." I said, remembering what Alec suggested I told people for the meanwhile before I started telling people I was actually pregnant. Ashley nodded her head eagerly, as if she was really interested in what I was saying and although she was a nice girl, I knew she probably brought up the subject to tell me what she was doing. "What about you?" I asked her.

"I'm going to go to Bristol UWE, and while I'm there I'll get a job in a little shop or something while studying how to become a nurse." She said, off in a little dream land as she played with her red curls in her long manicured fingers. "Its weird to think that most of our friends in high school, we probably wont be friends with in the future." She said, her eyes getting a little watery at the thought while I nodded slowly with her, not quite understanding how it would upset her so much. If they were that good friends, they'd keep in touch no matter what, right?

"Well, I better get to class, but I'll see you around Ashley." I said to her politely, while she waved back as I went in a different direction to my tutor room. 

 As I walked down the corridor to my tutor room, my head was swirling round with ideas of my new future. Living with Alec and our baby at his parents house, it didn't seem like it could ever come true. I couldn't even imagine actually looking down at a baby, a baby that looked like me and Alec. It all seemed surreal. 

"Hey Rach," Max shoulder bumped me as I came out of my day dream and smiled at him a little. "We haven't seen you in a while, is everything okay?" He said, his voice dropping slightly lower. I nodded in reply, while I realized how much my life had changed, I was inseparable from Max and Ellie but since the whole baby thing, I had rarely seen them.

Feeling a little guilty about it, an idea struck me. "Friday is a half day, right? Why don't we spend the rest of they day, shopping. You, me and Ellie." I said, looking up at him a little hopefully. I could use some friend quality time. 

Max smile faltered a little, but nodded all the same. "Yeah, sounds good Rachel. You tell Ellie, yeah?" He said, his hand tugging through his messy black hair.

"Sure." I said, brushing it off as we sat in silence and our tutor carried on rambling on about exams last day, and so on. Finally though, my tutor probably said the most touching words I had ever heard him say to us. 

"I guess I'll miss you lot." Then grumbled away and hid himself in his papers and asked for complete silence, which I did my best not to laugh through. However, Ellie hadn't come in yet, and because of the silence Mr. Arthur had asked for, I ripped a bit of paper from my planner and through Max a note, saying the simple words of - where's Ellie?