Chapter Thirteen.

Okay, so please just be respectful that it's been a while since I last updated. I'm writing why here, instead to each one of you individually, because it hurts to keep thinking about it. Anyway, "Alec", the main boy character in this book was inspired and basically just like my boyfriend, whom I had been dating for 8 months. He has curly dark hair, weird green and blue eyes, but not along ago, he finished things. I'm heartbroken, and when it comes to writing the next chapter, it's hard to be happy when I am so sad, and Alec reminds me so much of my ex, I guess.

Please understand. I will update as often as I can.

------

Recap

Finding some lush looking black faded skinny jeans, I picked them up and looked round for Rosalie to show her what I found, and instead my eyes fell on someone who I least wanted to see the most. 

          My own mother. 

          But I was sure as hell was confused as who the guy next to her was.

          My mum didn't date. She said that after finding my dad, no one else compared, and her only concern was me. Lots of things were swirling around my head. My mum was also meant to be on an early shift at work today, a six till three, so why was my mum in a shopping center, holding hands with this man? And most of all, who was he?

------

          My mind was working in overdrive, trying to figure out what had happened. So my mum must of been lying about some of her shifts, and meeting up with lover-boy. It was the only explanation to as why she worked so much, and why she was here in a shopping mall with a boy while she should be on her ward taking care of elderly people.

          The guy who my mum was with was quite a bit taller than my mum, which was easy, (even I over took my mum in height and I was called small). He had dark brown hair that was fading colourless due to age but he had wrinkles by the side of his eyes, showing he smiled a lot. He was smiling now too, looking at my mum with so much affection. I didn't like it. 

          I stepped forward, out of the shop and stood still a little in the way of their path, their hands swinging gently. "Mum?" I called out a little, and my mums eyes flew up to meet mine with so much horror in them it looked as if she'd faint or rather die. "Who's he?" I asked with my teeth gritted, letting my eyes briefly look at him again before returning to look at my mums shocked face.

          "We should all sit down and talk." The man said, his voice was quite soothing, but that irritated me further. 

          "You told me you were working today." I grit out again, nearly shaking with anger. Its not the fact that she had a boyfriend, it was the fact she had been lying to me for so long.

          Finally, my mother found her voice. "Where have you been staying recently, Rachel?" She spoke up. 

          "Really? That's what you care about now? You kicked me out because I told you the truth, yet when you tell me lies you are reverting my mistakes back on me." I said, completely baffled by her train of thought. "Where do you think I've been staying? The Reynolds have let me stay at their place. Unlike some people." I scoffed.

          My mother frowned, and I couldn't be bothered to look at the guy with her. He had no idea what I was going on about anyway. "Just come home, and we can talk everything through." Oh, so now she wanted to talk. "Please, Rachel." She begged.

          "I'm bringing Alec." I warned. He'd be on my side no matter what.

          "Fine."