Chapter 7

Maya's POV:

Someone was breathing down on my face. It was annoying me. I shuffled a bit more. The air was still there, breathing on me at a regular rate. I cracked my eyes open, slowly. My eyes met with a room that looked masculine as hell. I lifted my head up to meet eye to eye with hazel eyes. My eyes widened. 

I was sleeping with my boss! Wait, not in that way! I was sleeping in the same bed as my boss and moreover, I was sleeping on top of him.

My entire body was on top of his, my legs entangled with his. I rolled off him immediately, too fast and too far that I rolled off the bed. I landed on my butt with a loud thud. 

'Ow,' I whispered before curling up in a ball to prevent myself from screaming in pain in front of my boss.

I really don't want to make him deaf.

'Are you okay down there?' his deep morning voice asked. His hazel eyes were filled with amusement, a smile spread across his face. I glared at him from my position on his floor. 

'I'm just peachy,' I replied. My butt was still hurting from my fall and my boss was making no move whatsoever to help me up.

Such a gentleman you are Mr Angelos. 

I sat up and stretched my arms, letting out a yawn and rubbed my eyes. I felt my boss's eyes on me the whole time. I stopped what I was doing and stared back at him with my eyebrow raised. He cleared his throat and rose from his bed in all his shirtless glory. 

Ok, now I have an excuse to look. 

Dammit, where did he have the time to work out so much? I mean, even I worked out but oh my God, this guy had abs

Dammit, where did he have the time to work out so much? I mean, even I worked out but oh my God, this guy had abs. And the biceps.... .

Maya Jackson, you sound like a 15 year old hormonal girl. Stop it!

'You done staring me?' he asked, amusement lacing his deep voice.

'No,' I said without realising. My eyes widened at my words and I slapped my hand over my mouth as I felt my face burn up. A massive grin came onto his face as he made his way over to me. He held out a hand and I looked at him confused. 

'Take it,' he said. 

Oh, so now he takes the moment to be a gentleman. 

I took his hand and he pulled me up. With a bit too much force, making me crash immediately into his hard chest. I grabbed onto his arms for support before I lost my balance and fell again. His arms wrapped themselves around my waist and we just stood there for a while. 

Maya, he's your boss. 

I pulled away from his, making him pull his arms away from me. He scratched the back of his neck and cleared his voice.

'Um... You can freshen up in the en suite. I'll leave some clothes for you outside to wear,' he said. I nodded and silently walked over to his en suite and shut the door behind me. I pressed my body against the closed door and shut my eyes.