Chapter 4

Maya's POV:

My stomach was in a bunch of nerves the second my alarm clock went off. I had woken up before it, allowing my mind to go over things in detail. My hand went down on the annoying mechanism and I hurled myself out of my bed. I got dressed, brushing my teeth and having a quick shower before slipping into the clothes that Sage had pulled out for me. 

The top was cropped

The top was cropped. I didn't even know if that was suitable for work. But I was running late and I didn't have the time to pull out something that was suitable for work according to me. At least the skirt was longer, even though it had a slit in the side. Sighing, I slipped into my heels and brushed my hair, leaving it down. I needed to find a blazer that I so I could cover up my stomach that was on display. I found a blazer matching my heels and put my hands through the sleeves, bringing the front up so it covered my front. Checking in the mirror again, I decided to put very little make up on. I pulled out my gold cuff and put it round my wrist before grabbing my bag and walking out of my room. I checked my phone for the time. A text from an unknown number was displayed on my screen.

On your way in, get me a coffee from the coffee shop down the road. Order a black coffee with 2 sugars - Angelos

Hell, how did he get my number? I shrugged at my own question and grabbed a granola bar from the table and left a message for Sage, telling her to go to the store and buy groceries. Leaving the message in a place where I was sure her eyes will fall on, I left the house. 

I parked my car in the car park before walking out of it and down the road to the only coffee shop on the street. I ordered Angelos' order and then added mine, knowing I would need it. One granola bar wouldn't last me whole morning. I paid quickly before grabbing the coffee cups and heading out, walking as fast as possible in my heels. 

I rushed into the building at the same time as many other workers. They all headed to the lift. I headed for the reception. It was a different woman behind the desk this time. 

'Hi, I'm Maya Jackson. I'm Mr Martinez's new PA,' I said, hoping she would know where my conversation with her was heading to.

She smiled and nodded her head, 'Hi Maya, I'm Sky. You're floor is on the same floor as Mr Martinez. Take the elevator to the 25th floor. Mr Martinez has told me that he will personally show you around. Good luck!' she said. 

I smiled at her, 'Thank you Sky. I hope you have a nice day.' She replied with the same words before I waved a goodbye and walked over to take the lift to the 25th floor. Many more workers got in with me. They all pressed different buttons, and I knew that the journey in the lift was going to be a long one. Nevertheless, I put on a smile and waited patiently for the elevator to reach the last floor. 

The door finally opened to my floor and I rushed out, balancing the coffee cups in my hands. Angelos came into sight and my bundle of nerves grew even more. He looked ever so handsome in the black suit he was wearing with his hair slicked back. His blue eyes caught on my figure moving and his eyes zoomed in on the designer watch on his wrist.