Chapter 3

Scarlet and her Nan had arrived at the school gate just in time, luckily there wasn't anyone who would see her without the wig on. Her Nan looked at her smiling, "Good luck," she mumbled 'thanks' really quietly and then went through the gates. There were older people who directed her towards a hall but she had made an excuse to go to the toilet. They didn't wait for her which was good, but instead told her the directions and walked off into the distance. Scarlet quickly got the wig out and fitted it on her. It wasn't tight but it would do. Scarlet didn't notice but there was a girl who was in the cubicle just watching her. She got out her phone and recorded what Scarlet had done. And Scarlet didn't notice. Later on the girl had gone and shown her friends. They all laughed at Scarlet. Meanwhile, Scarlet was having trouble herself. She could be quite a chatty girl at times, but there was no body to talk to. She came to this school with no friends from Primary whereas everyone else had. Even if you had just one friend you could easily get other friends. She was shy. Everyone all had there 'circle' and all she had was a book. She tried to join a circle but they were rude and all said "GO AWAY!" she tried other nicer circles but they all looked at her with disgust. She blushed bright red and walked away into a corner.

The first 2 periods weren't lessons, but instead were called 'friend time' which everyone thought was a stupid name. Then there was break where she just went to the library to get a book. At 3rd period lessons started. She had Maths first and then Science and then lunch and after that for 5th period French. Finally she had a year 7 assembly at the end although there weren't usually 6th periods it was just for today. The day, she had predicted, was going to be pretty bad.

She stared at her timetable, "Maths....Mr Delirio........Room 196........?" She was baffled about where to find it when the people who she asked to be part of their 'circle' were going to the same place so she followed them. Nothing interesting happened at Maths, just them doing sums and the teacher doing bad puns. People laughed, not at the joke but because how bad it was. Scarlet didn't talk much. Then she followed another group of people who were going to Science. Going there she thought about 5 years from now when she'd be leaving. She imagined it. She could survive like this. Just following people, and her hair would be fine and her sister would be gone. She was daydreaming when she was snapped back into reality. She looked around when she heard loud howling that could be heard from the end of the hallway. "......and then my sister had shaved it all off!" The piercing laughter happened again. Scarlet had frozen on the spot and turned around slowly. It was her sister, and probably half of the Yr9's. She wanted to pounce at her at this very minute but she resisted. For some reason she thought that wouldn't be wise. Instead she hurried off to catch up with the people she had followed.

At the beginning, Science was going well. The teacher was nice and nobody was paying any attention to her. Her teacher – who was called Mr Norman – said that to make it fun since it was our first day to have an experiment. Scarlet was excited. She knew that that's what would normally happened. The teacher laid out the equipment out on the lab table and explained to them about instructions but all of them were bursting to go. In the end they ignored him and turned on the Bunsen burner and played with fire (not literally). Mr Norman looked at me and said, "Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah no what did I say? I said you have to tie up your hair. Ladies, tie up your hair!"

"I don't have a hair band," Scarlet had hoped that he would let her of but a girl offered to give her a hair band. Out of nowhere she suddenly blurts out loud, "hey, were you the girl who was putting a wig on this morning in the toilets?" She froze. She couldn't move. How did this girl know? She thought, there was nobody in the toilets at the time! The hair band dropped on the floor and Scarlet said 'sorry' around a thousand times before she went to pick it up. When she picked it up, Scarlet's wig had fallen off. Everyone started at her. She got very embarrassed. She was blushing so much the colour of her cheeks were matching her hair (both fake and real). She was about to cry, She had been busted. She grabbed the wig and her belongings and rushed out of the lab. She was trying to find the toilet when she got lost. Of course, typical, she thought as she tried to navigate herself to what she thought was an impossible maze.

The bell. Ring! Ring! 4th period had finished. The people were coming. She went into panic mode. So much she started to get dizzy and was hyperventilating very badly. A couple of people came out and they all pointed at her and sniggered. Then a whole parade came marching in to see. They all started to laugh at her and she felt like she was going to faint. This was a nightmare. She was never going to recover over this. Then she say a finger. It was pointing to somewhere! She looked to see where is was pointing to. There was a chance of escaping this madness! The stumbled towards the direction and she saw a door. Fresh air! She dropped her bag and she instantly felt better. She walked randomly towards a place which coincidently had a toilet. She had a quick drink at the water fountain and then headed to the toilets where she stayed for the whole lunch. She knew she couldn't stay in here forever, but it was a start. She started to relax herself more, maybe too much because after a few minutes she went into deep sleep.

Ring! Ring! 5th period. She sighed and puta few of her stuff inside her bag and took out her hat. Scarlet slung the bag onto her back and gazed at the mirror. Then put on her hat and braced herself for the worse. She opened the door with a bang but nobody was there. So Scarlet (who finally managed to find her way around somehow) went to her next lesson. Every second people would come up to her and talk to her. The whole school knew about it and she hated it. It was annoying to be asked questions all the time. Then Scarlet say her sister, they had eye contact for a bit and then Scarlet walked away. "Wait!" Judie called after Scarlet but she ignored her and strolled on, "Wai-"

"I don't want to talk to you." Scarlet looked at Judie dead in the eyes, it was like Judie was feeling something but she couldn't put her finger on it. Could it be-?

"I'm sorry."

Stunned silence. Remorse? Scarlet was surprised. This wasn't like her sister. She looked down and said.

"I forgive you. You are my sister after all."

They had a moment of embrace before they got barged by Yr11's.

"I have to get back, see you."

Judie walked away and Scarlet moved on. Just when the questions started to stop a girl stopped by her to examine her, before finally speaking up. "Cool h-."

"Just back off OK! Oh, you weren't going to ask why my hair is like this." The small girl nodded.

"You know, when the people were laughing at you in the science block I was pointing to the toilet not the exit door."

"Oh! That was you!" They both started to laugh. "In the end I did find a toilet though, but I forgot where it is." They giggled. "Why didn't you come and help me up?"

"Ah well as you can see I am short and there was a barricade of humans who were giants!"

"Are you going French?"

"Yeah!" They laughed and found the French classroom 10 minutes later. In one day she was the most infamous person in the school and had one possible friend. Still, it could be worse.