21

Narration:

And now, as you see, this story is nearly (but not quite) at an end. These two Kings and two Queens governed Narnia well, and long and happy was their reign. At first much of their time was spent in seeking out the remnants of the White Witch's army and destroying them, and indeed for a long time there would be news of evil things lurking in the wilder parts of the forest. they made good laws and kept the peace and saved good trees from being unnecessarily cut down, and liberated young dwarfs and young satyrs from being sent to school, and generally stopped busybodies and interferes and encouraged ordinary people who wanted to live and let live. And they drove back the fierce giants (quite a different sort from Giant Rumblebuffin) on the north of Narnia when these ventured across the frontier. And they entered into friendship and alliance with countries beyond the sea and paid them visits of state and received visits of state from them. And they themselves grew and changed as the years passed over them.

And Peter became a tall and deep- chested man and a great warrior, and he was called King Peter the Magnificent. And Susan grew into a tall and gracious woman with black hair that fell almost to her feet and the kings of the countries beyond the sea began to send ambassadors asking for her hand in marriage. And she was called Susan the Gentle. Edmund was a graver and quieter man than Peter, and great in council and judgement. He was called King Edmund the Just. But as for Lucy, she was always gay and golden-haired, and all princes in those parts desired her to be their Queen, and her own people called her Queen Lucy the Valiant. And then there is Sophia, who turned into the most beautiful women in all of Narnia. Many envied her but loved her due to the caring nature she shared with her people.

Peter and Sophia led Narnia to peace.

Everything was great.

But that was before everything was about to change and everything they had worked for.

Would disappear.

So they lived in great joy and if ever they remembered their life in this world it was only as one remembers a dream. And one year it fell out that Tumnus (who was a middle-aged Faun by now and beginning to be stout) came down river and brought them news that the White Stag had once more appeared in his parts - the White Stag who would give you wishes if you caught him. So these two Kings and three Queens rode a-hunting in the Western Woods to follow the White Stag. And they had not hunted long before they had a sight of him. And he led them a great pace over rough and smooth and through thick and thin, till the horses of all the courtiers were tired out and these four were still following. And they saw the stag enter into a thicket where their horses could not follow.

***

Back to Sophia's point of view:

We began to race through the forest, trying to catch the White Stag. We were all racing off ahead, but that is when I realised Ed was quite far behind.

"Are you alright, Philip?" I heard Ed ask his horse as we all went back to him.

"Not as young as I once was." Philip replied.

"Come on, Ed." I smiled trying to hurry him up.

"Just catching my breath." Ed replied.

"Well that's all we'll catch at this rate." Susan laughed.

"What did he say again, Soph?" Lucy giggled and looked to me.

""You girls wait in the castle, I'll get the stag myself!"" I mocked Ed but just joking around with him.

Peter looked at me and smirked.

"What's this?" Peter asked as he got off his horse, then coming to me and helping me get off.

We looked to see an old lamppost covered in ivy

"This seems familiar." Peter said and I walked to it putting my hand on it

"As if from a dream" Susan whispered.

"Or a dream of a dream." I said looking at Lucy.

"Spare Oom" Lucy and I said at the same time and ran off into the direction we remembered.   

"Lucy! Sophia!" They called for us.

"Not again!" Susan moaned and they all followed us.

We start to move through a mass of trees, pushing them out of our way.

"Soph!" Peter called for me.

"Come on!" I hollered smiling.

"These aren't branches" Peter frowned and then pulled me into him.

"They're coats." Susan frowned too.

That is when everything started to change. Our voices. Our faces.

"Susan, you're on my foot!" Edmund yelled in pain.

"Ow!" I yelled as Peter pushes me. "Peter!"

"Move!"

"You are pulling my hair!"

"Stop pushing!"

The door opened and we all fell out onto the familiar ground of the spare room, with the wardrobe in. Suddenly the door to the room opens. The Professor Digory Kirke walks in with the ball. We all look up slowly to each other and Peter looks to the Professor.

"Oh. There you are." He smiled. "What were you all doing in the wardrobe?"

"You wouldn't believe us if we told you, sir." Peter spoke looking down to us then him.

The professor throws the cricket ball to Peter and he catches it.

"Try me." He winks to us and walks out.

Peter comes to me and helps me up to my feet. I hug into him just wanting to go back to Narnia. Tears trail down my cheek and we all join together for a huge hug.

This is my family. We have been through a lot.

"Do you think we can go back?" Lucy asked about to go back to the wardrobe.

I pulled her back gently, indulging her into a hug trying to sooth her.

"I do not think so Lu." I whispered. "But we will soon. I know it."

After we laughed and cried, missing our land of Narnia. Feeling crazed how nothing has changed since we have been in Narnia for years and years. We shared stories with the Professor and he believed every single one of them.

*

Night came and I heard someone walk out of the door. I turned to see Lucy standing walking out of the room. I sighed knowing exactly where she was going. Standing up I went to follow her.

"Lucy" I whispered as she walked into the room.

"Sophia?" She turned to me.

She walked in the room and I followed her. Opening the door she went to walk through, expecting to be back in Narnia.

"I don't think you'll get back in that way" The professor said, making us jump. "You see, I've already tried." 

"Will we ever go back?" Lucy spoke hugging into me, talking to the Professor.

"I expect so." He smiled and shut the wardrobe door, bending down to Lucy's height. "But it'll probably happen when you're not looking for it."

I looked to him and he stood up looking at me.

"All the same" He smiled. "It is best to keep your eyes open."