11

Father Christmas rummaged through his huge sack and brought out a small object.

"Lucy, Eve's Daughter." He said and she stepped forward taking the small object "These are for you. The juice of the fire flower. If you, or one of your friends are wounded, one drop of this cordial will restore them."

Lucy smiled excited which caused me to look up at Peter, he was looking at Lucy with a proud brother look. It melted my heart. I put my hand on his arm and he smiled down at me. Father Christmas had just been searching through his bag and brought out a small dagger which caused everyone to tense up. Especially Peter.

"And though I do not expect you to use it, this." He said handing it to Lucy carefully.

"Well, I think I could be brave enough." She said and the large man smiled admiringly. "I'm sure you could." He said to Lucy patting her on the shoulder. "But battles are ugly affairs."

He went to his sack and went to Susan handing her a bow and arrow, and some sort of horn. The intricate design on them, was amazingly beautiful.

"Eve's Daughter, Susan" He said and Susan stepped forward. "Trust in this bow, for it does not easily miss."

"What happened to, 'battles are ugly affairs?'" She snapped.

"Susan!" Peter mumbled angry she had shown us all up.

She turned to Peter then at me and rolled her eyes annoyed.

"And, though you don't seem to have trouble making yourself heard, this." He smiled and winked at me and Peter. Which ultimately made us laugh and giggle. "When you put this horn to your lips and blow it, wherever you are, help will come."

"Thanks." She says and looks at Peter.

"And, Peter." He says and pulls out a huge sword and shield. "These are tools, not toys. The time to use them may be soon at hand."

"Thank you sir" Peter says admiring the sword as he walks to his sister.

"Sophia" He says and I step forward looking at the man. "This is for you."

He pulled out a huge cloak and wrapped it around my shoulders. It was gold with black designs on the back. He then pulled out a large sword, much like Peters and gave it to me.

"This like Peter may come handy very soon" He smiled and handed me a necklace.

"This necklace is a sign to see if your loved ones are hurt so you can go and help them. However it will not tell you what person may be hurt. For that my Queen, you must make the decision in your heart." He smiled and Peter helped do it up around my neck.

"Bare them well!" he reffered to us all. "I best be off, winter is almost over and things do pile up when you've been gone a thousand years."

"Long live Aslan!" he said as he got in his sleigh and road off into the surrounding forest.

"Bye... Merry Christmas! Thank you!" We all yelled as he went.

Just as he left Lucy turned to Susan.

"Told you he was real!" Lucy poked her tongue out which made me laugh. Susan on the other hand didnt find it amusing in the slightest.

"Did you hear what he said... winter is almost over. You no what that means..." Peter said scared.

"No more ice" I spoke looking at him panicked.

"We have to go now!" Peter said and we ran to the river, which wasnt so much frozen anymore.

The sound of a howl ran through our bodies making us realize that she was close to us.

"Wait, maybe we should think about this." Susan snapped and I glared at her.

"We don't have time!" I snapped back and she glared at me.

"I was just trying to be realistic" She glared yelling at me.

"No, you're trying to be smart...as usual!" Peter snapped and held onto my hand.

I walked down to the river side. The ice was cracking due to the warmth that was in Narnia, the ice was falling apart. Like the witches curse on Narnia.  I put my foot down on the ice and Peter pulled me back as the ice pulled away from my feet. I fell into his chest and I looked down to the ice that had moved away.

"Wait, maybe I should go first." The Beaver said and I nodded my head.

"Maybe you should." Peter said holding onto Lucy as well.

"You've been sneaking second helpings haven't you?" Mrs Beaver laughed as Mr Beaver walked across the river. We shortly followed.

"Well you never know what meal is gonna be your last, especially with your cooking." He giggled but meant what he said.

I giggled and held onto Lucy as we walked across.

"If mum knew what we were doing!" Susan started to moan and Lucy groaned.

"Mum's not here!" Peter snapped at her.

Another howl went off and I turned to Peter worried. He also had the same expression.

Lucy looks up and saw the wolves and yelled.
"Oh no!"

"Run!" Peter said and we started to run.

Before we can go any further, the Wolves leapt in front of us, growling and sneering. One of the wolves grabbed Mr Beaver pinning him down. Peter immediately grabbed his sword out and pointed it to the wolves. He pushed us all behind him to keep us safe. "Put that down boy, someone might get hurt." Maugrim sneered.

Meanwhile another wolf came to attack us and I grabbed my sword out and killed the wolf. My eyes widened in shock that I have just killed something. Peter looked to me and then at Mr Beaver.

"Don't worry about me! Slit his throat!" He yelled and Peter seemed to be silently panicking.

"Leave now while you can, and you're brother leaves with you." He said tricking him and I shock my head seeing the lie all over the animal.

"Stop Peter, maybe we should listen to him!" Susan yelled.

"Smart girl." Maugrim smirked evily.

"Ignore him Peter!" I yelled and Susan glared at me.

"You dont have a say in this! Its our brother! You mean nothing to us!" Susan yelled.

"Susan just shut up!" Peter yelled.

"Don't listen to him. Kill him. Kill him now!" Mr Beaver yelled ignoring what just happened.

"Look, just because some man in a red suit hands you a sword doesn't make you a hero! So just drop it!" Susan screams and Lucy moves closer to me.

"No Peter! Narnia need ya!" Mr Beaver yelled.

"What's it gonna be Son of Adam? We're not going to wait for ever. And neither is the river." Maugrim said looking up.

I looked up with Lucy and saw it all beginning to fall down.

"Peter!" Me and Lucy screamed.

"Hold onto me!" Peter yelled and stabbed his sword in the ice and the water indulged us.

Help!

Sophia The Stalwart  (Peter Pevensie Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara