8

"Hurry up!" Mr Beaver yelled as we all ran in the snow to get to Edmund to save him.

The snow was falling thickly and steadily, the green ice of the pool had vanished under a thick white blanket, and from where the little house stood in the centre of the dam you could hardly see either bank. Out we went, plunging well over their ankles into the soft new snow. We reach the top of the snowy hill and see Ed going through the Witch's castle gates.

"Edmund!" Lucy shouted and I put my hand over her mouth so no one would be able to hear us. 

"Shh! They'll hear ya!" Mr Beaver shouted to us.

Peter starts to run after Edmund but Mr. Beaver grabs him by the sleeve of his coat.

"Get off me!" He shouts

I grab Peters hand and I stand in front of him placing on hand on his chest. Peter calmed down and looked to me. 

"Don't do it." I whispered. "We cannot lose you too."

"We just can't let him go!" Lucy shouts. "He is our brother"

"Don't you get it?! He's the bait! She wants all of ya in there! To kill ya!" The Beaver warned worried.

"This is all your fault! None of this would have happened if you had just listened to me in the first place!" Susan screamed at me. 

"Do you think I knew this was going happen?" I argued back defending myself

"I didn't know what would happen, which was why we should have left before" She screams at me and I start getting even more angry. 

How can she be blaming me for what Edmund had the choice of doing. 

"How can you be blaming me for wanting to do the right thing" I snap back. "Helping these people have peace again!" 

"Sometimes things cannot be fixed Sophia! You are not even apart of our family so back off and you should go home!" She yelled and my eyes teared up.

"Stop it! This fighting isn't going to help Edmund" Lucy said to all of us and I looked down wiping a tear.

"She's right. Only Aslan can save him now." Mr Beaver mumbled.

"Then take us to him." Peter said sternly wanting to get his brother back. 

We heard a loud horn go off and the sound of howling filled our ears. Panic was present right now and Mr Beaver was screaming at us to run others wise we could get caught. As we ran back Peter grabbed my hand and we ran together. It did make me feel a bit better but thanks to the wolves my mind was set on escaping and most of all surviving. 

"Hurry women, they are after us!" Mr Beaver yelled to Mrs Beaver as we all rushed in. 

"Right then." She began and started going through the cupboards which confused me.

"What is she doing?" Peter asked panicked why she was wasting time.

"Don't worry, you'll thank you me later. It is a long journey and a beaver gets cranky when he's hungry." Mrs Beaver said and Susan started to help her. 

"I'M CRANKY NOW!" He yells panicking as his wife seemed the quite opposite 

"Do you think we should bring jam?" Susan asked as she held some jam in her hand.

"Only if the Witch has toast." Peter snapped and followed Mr Beaver. Probably was not a good time to laugh but Lucy and I found it amusing.

Susan huffed and we all quickly grabbed little bits and started to follow the Beavers down a small passage way. The wolves were digging into the damn, causing some twigs to fall on our heads. Noses poked through tiny gaps and sniffed, trying to find us. I looked up and I felt someone grab my hand pulling me to the passage way Mr Beaver had built.

"Stay close." Peter smiled and let go gently. 

"This passage leads straight out to Badgers house" Mr Beaver said as he handed a stick with fire on it so we were able to see down the secret passage.

"I thought it lead to your mums!" Mrs Beaver argued in shock. 

We kept running as fast as we could, with our backs hunched over as the tunnel was quite small. As we ran Lucy stripped over a small open lump with in the tunnel but I quickly grabbed Lucy's arm, stopping her from falling. As i helped her up there was a huge howl. She looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"They're in the tunnel!" She whispers scared.

Mr Beaver looked around not sure were to go next. I rolled my eyes and huffed. We need to get out of here!

"You should have brought a map!" Mrs Beaver spoke."There was no room next to the jam!" Mr Beaver snapped and went right.

We managed to get to the end of the tunnel and Peter lifted us all out then we helped him up. As Peter put something over the passage to stop the wolves get out, I stepped back and tripped over a stone figure. I jumped as I saw them as they looked so real. 

Peter came and helped me up, holding me into him. Mr Beaver went to one and put his hand on the stone figures shoulder and looked down upset. As we look around there were a lot of other animal figures there frozen. 

"He was my best mate!" Mr Beaver cries and his wife puts a hand on his shoulder hugging his arm. 

"What happened to them?" I asked and hugged into Peter more."This is what happens to the enemies of the White Witch." We heard a mysterious voice say from around the corner.

As the mysterious voice came round the corner a fox was there looking very suspicious.

"Stand still there traitor." Mr Beaver said and Peter pushed his siblings behind him. I step forward to Beaver.

"Relax, I'm one of the good guys" He said calmly."Well you look mighty like one of the bad guys." Mr Beaver snapped. 

"An unfortunate family resemblance." He began but was interrupted by the wolves pushing to get out of the hole "but we can discuss family breeding later right now we need to move." 

"What do you have in mind?" Peter asked believing he would help us. 

The mysterious fox looks up and I cannot help but feel as if we can all trust him. We all climbed up the tree and sat there tense on what was about to happen. The wolves suddenly pushed the object blocking them from coming out as the fox was brushing our footprints away. I looked down and held my breath. Everything was so silent yet my heart beat felt as if it was the only thing that was making any noise.

Peter was beside me and he held my hand to sooth me. I looked down. 

"Evening gents, Did we lose something?" The fox mocked them. 

"Don't patronized me, I know where your allegiance lies. We are looking for some humans" The wolf snarled and i gulped quietly 

"Humans in Narnia, now that's some valuable information" The fox lies.

Suddenly one of the wolves pins down the fox hurting him. Me and Lucy gasp quietly and I hide in Peters coat so i cannot see him being hurt.

"Where are they?!" The wolf snapped. The fox looks around hopelessly, and then hangs his head in shame. This could be it I thought. Would he tell them.

Will he be the one to save us?