16

"Jadis! The queen of Narnia! Empress of the Lone Islands!" A small dwarf announced as the witch was carried through the camp.

The Witch arrived at the top of the camp by Aslan's tent. She was sitting on a bier carried by four Cyclops'. It made me think how lazy she was. She turned to face us and looked at Ed with a glare. Then she looked to me, looking shocked. She seemed to brush it off quickly and walked to Aslan.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan." She glared

Everyone gasped as she spoke. I wanted to go to her and give her a piece of my mind. Peter however did not seem to like the idea and held me back.

"His offence was not against you." Aslan snapped back to her.

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?" The witch snarled at Aslan.

By this time everyone had gathered around to see what was going on.

"Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch!" Aslan growled. "I was there when it was written."

"Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me." She glared pointing to Ed "His blood is my property."

"Try and take him then!" Peter argued as he and I pulled our swords out ready to defend Ed.

Do you think that a mere force of love can deny me my right, little king?" She mocked. "Aslan knows that unless I have blood as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water." 

I pushed Edmund behind me and I kept my eyes on the witch.

"That boy" She snapped as she pointed at Edmund. "Will die on the Stone Table, as is tradition. You dare not refuse me."

"Enough" Aslan snaps stopping her from talking any further. "I shall talk with you alone."

"No." She smirks and comes to me and pulls my arm. "She needs to be there as well"

"Get your hands off her" Peter said about to attack the witch.

"Peter, stay you blade" Aslan spoke. "She can come"

I looked back to Peter and the rest of them slightly scared.  The Witch and I entered Aslan's tent and sat down around a table.

"I will take his place" Aslan spoke and I stood up immediately.

"NO!" I shouted.

"Sophia sit down" Aslan spoke calmly. "I shall take his place"

The witch smirks and says nothing.

"Is that what you wanted to hear?" I snapped at her.

"You shall come and escort me" Aslan spoke to me. "But you cannot tell anyone Sophia."

"You expect me to keep it quiet from them!" I snapped. "Aslan I am not that strong."

"Sophia not now!" Aslan spoke and turned to the witch. "She shall stay there and watch me die. No more arguments."

As we began to walk back outside the witch pulled my arm to her and whispered in my ear.

"You better hope your little boyfriend comes and saves you" She smirks.

I pull my arm away from her grip.

"You stay away from them" I spit at her.

She gave a disgusted look as I walked out the tent.

"She has renounced her claim on the son of Adam's blood." Aslan announced.

"How do I know your promise will be kept?" The witch said as she went to her chair.

Aslan suddenly roars. The White Witch quickly sat down abruptly; causing the Narnian's to laugh. She was carried away. Aslan sighed and walked back into his tent. I followed him in, wanting an explanation.

"Aslan why do I need to be there" I asked sitting down.

"Sophia all will be clear in time." He sighed.

I could tell Aslan seemed tired and exhausted so I thought it would be best if I left it.

"Just be strong Aslan." I sighed. "I just want you to remember how I feel"

I walked out of the tent to see the four of them standing there waiting for me. Looking at them, I realised I could not face the in inquisition from them. I decided it would be best If I just went away until tonight. Until everything happened. Then I could explain. But that would be if the witch meant what she said. 

I ran away to the hill not wanting anyone to follow after me.

"Soph!" Peter yelled but was stopped by Susan.

"Pete just leave her" Susan put a hand to his shoulder. "She needs time"

I sat down on the hill looking off into the distance like some clique movie. As I looked across Narnia, I saw smoke coming from inside the forest. I knew It was her. The Witch preparing for us to come later on. I looked and saw Peter looking over to me. Ed pushed him in the tent and looked back at me. Slowly going back into the tent.

It felt like I had been sat out here for hours. But I knew this would be it and Aslan did too. I stood up to see Aslan behind me.

"Can I go to him?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

All that was done was a simple nod of the head.

I went to Peter's tent and went to his bed. I stared at his handsome face and brushed his hair back. I placed a kiss of his forehead.

"I love you Peter Pevensie" I whispered in his ear. "So, so much"

With that I planted a kiss on his lips and pulled back slowly. I walked out of his tent crying uncontrollably. Not wanting to look back, I carried on walking to Aslan.

"I love him Aslan" I mumbled wiping my tears.

"I know you do Sophia" He smiled. "You will be together again. I promise"

As we began to walk to the Witch, I started to shake. While we walked I heard a rustle in the bushes. I nudged Aslan to make him aware.

"Aren't you supposed to be in bed?" Aslan spoke turning around to see Lucy and Susan standing there.

"We couldn't sleep." Lucy sighed worried.

"Please, Aslan. Couldn't we come with you?" Susan asked also worried.

"We would be glad of the company tonight." Aslan smiled. "Thank you."

Lucy and Susan walked with us. Lucy grabbed my hand and looked up to me. I looked down and smiled at her, kissing the top of her head motherly.

"It is time. From here, we must go on alone." Aslan spoke standing still. "You have to trust me, for this must be done."

Lucy hugged me not wanting to let go.

"Thank you, Susan. Thank you, Lucy. And farewell." Aslan smiled upset.

"Lucy I want you to tell your brother how much I love him" I let a tear go. "Can you do that for me?"

"I will" She cried.

"You guys are the closest thing to family" I cried more as I hugged Susan as well. "I want to thank you for that"

"Goodbye" I sniffled as I pulled away.

This is it...

Goodbye.