Six

"Wait so you're going with Grayson to the dance?" Savannah asks as we walk down the crowded halls. I nod my head, trying to hide my smile as we reach her locker. "Finally." She says.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Well for one, when you were with Psycho Branden, he never let you go to any of the dances. Two, I think you and Grayson would be cute together." She shrugs her shoulders as she grabs a textbook out of her locked. I shake my head and laugh as she shuts it and we head over to mine.

When I open it, there is a letter and a rose inside. I look at Savannah before reaching for it. On the back of the note, my name was spelt. My entire name.

"Who do you think its from?" Sav asks. I shrug before opening the note as my eyes scan down the white paper.

' Dear Blakely Grace Hill,

I have failed you. I hurt you. I completely hate myself for the things I have done to you. The things I have done are so wrong and not okay among all levels. I did things to you that you were afraid of and things I promises I'd never do.

I would love to make it up to you. All I want is to hold you. Please, meet me at the football stadium at 9.'

I closed my eyes and handed the note to Savnnah. I watch her expression as she reads everything I just read. Her eyes grow wider and wider with each passing minute.

"Are you going to go?" She asks me.

"Yeah I think I am." I say looking at my phone to read the time. It's eight fourty five.

"Leigh, what if he hurts you? What if he does something? You're not going to take him back are you?" She asks me a trillion questions.

"He wont. He even said it in the note. And of course not, I'm going to let him know I want nothing to do with him." I tell her, slamming my locker. She gives me look before sighing and nodding her head.

"Be careful." She tells me as I walk off. I turn around and nod my head as I exit the heavy red doors and head to the football stadium. As I enter, I look up and see Branden standing at the top, staring down below.

When he sees me, he walks down a little further and stops. I walk up the stands slowly, taking in a deep breath.

"You came."

"I did." I nod.

"I'm sorry for everything. I love you." He tells me, staring into my eyes, trying to grab my arm. I pull away and a look a hurt crosses over his face.

"I don't love you Branden." I say shaking my head. "I forgive you but I can not be with you. You hurt me, physically and emotionally and that's not okay. I can't be a negative relationship at this moment in my life." I add.

"How can you not love me within a matter of two weeks? I said sorry, Blakely. And I mean every bit of it. Our relationship was not negative. I did everything for you." He says, hurt and what almost sounded like anger laced through his voice. I step back again.

"You hurt me, Branden. Don't you understand that? I don't love people who hurt me. I'm sure you meant every part of it, but I will not be in a relationship with an abusive partner. You did nothing for me. I was the one who did everything. I payed for our take out, our quick runs to mcdonald's. I did everything." I almost shout at him, but I keep to a low.

He balls his hands into fist as he turns toward me. I step back a few times more, not taking my eyes off his hands. I take a deep breath.

"You are so selfish. You don't appreciate anything." He shouts.