three

It's Friday now and as I walk home, I pass that spot where that car tried to hit me. I get the chills, making me feel even more cold than I did before from the actual weather. I tremble at the thought again and look up to find Grayson and Ethan standing in what I'm guessing is their front yard.

"Blakely?" I wave at them as Grayson jogs over to me.

"You look cold. Need a ride?" He asks, the wind blowing his hair all over the place. I mentally thank myself for pulling my hair up today.

"I'm fine-"

"No, you're going to get sick. Come on." He laughs pulling my arm. I nod my head and follow suit.

"So where have you been the past three days? You haven't been at school." I ask him as we walk up his drive way and to his rather nice car. His car is a blacked out Audi a8. I just admire it as he opens my door for me.

"Family stuff." He answers simply. I nod my head not wanting to ask any further for it could be a sensitive subject.

"What about Tuesday when you left class?" I ask. I wanted to slap myself for being so nosey.

"Blood makes me nauseous." He laughs as I get in and buckle my seatbelt. He shuts my door and climbs in on his side starting the car. He turns the heat on before backing out of his drive way.

I lead him the way to my house and when we get there I tell him to stay put so I can get him his jacket. I hurry inside passing my older brother Dustin, ignoring whatever he tried to tell me as I run upstairs to my room.

When I get in there, I freeze in my spot as I see Branden standing in the middle of my room with Grayson's jacket in his hand.

"Are you cheating on me?" He shouts.

"What the hell Branden? No." I say shaking my head. "And what are you doing in my room?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Your brother let me in." I was so tempted to go yell at my brother but I really needed to give Grayson his jacket.

"Well first off, that doesn't mean invade my room. Second of all, I did not cheat. That's a friends jacket. He loaned it to me when we were standing in the cold because I forgot a jacket." I explain.

"I swear if you're lying I'll..."

"You'll what? Huh?"

He walks over to me, throws the jacket on the floor and shoves me against the wall. His right hand held him up as the other took grasp of both of my hands, pinning them above my head.

I have never seen him like this before, so demonic and frightening like. I was scared. Scared of my own boyfriend.

"Branden you're hurting me." I cry out.

He completely ignores me as he brings his lips to my neck kissing down it as he reaches my collar bone.

"Branden stop." I say, voice shaky. "You don't get to do this after being an ass." I whine.

His grip on my wrists tighten making me whimper. I scream his name a few times, trying to get him to stop and to let go but he doesn't budge.

I try to shove him off as he tries to take my shirt off. I was on the verge of kicking him in his baby maker until I feel him being pried off of me. I open my eyes to find Grayson standing in front of me, blocking me from Branden.

"Get away from my girlfriend." Branden speaks to Grayson.

"How about you get away. That is no way to treat a lady let alone your girlfriend." Grayson says to him, not caring that Branden looked like he wanted to kill Grayson right now. I cover my mouth with my hands.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Branden laughs. "That's my girlfriend. I'll do what I want when I want with her. Get out." Branden points to the door. I've had enough and the way Branden speaks to me and speaks of me makes me feel sick.

"Branden stop!" I shout. "I've had enough. Starting now, we are over. You are not mine and I am certainly not yours. All you have done lately is treat me like crap and you just physically hurt me. Get out of my house." I add. He looks at me with fire in his eyes. For a second, I thought he was going to do something until he stormed away quickly.

I stand there frozen and speechless at what just unfolded in front of me. I was so shocked and couldn't believe the way Branden has been acting. He use to never act like this or treat me like this.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around me from behind and a chin being place on my shoulder. I turned around to face Grayson and wrap my arms around his chest before I let a few tears slip from my eyes.

I usually hate crying in front of people, especially people I just met. It makes me feel like I'm weak when I know I'm strong. Grayson rubs my back up and down softly.

"Shhh. It's okay. It's all going to be okay." He coos into my ear. I nod my head into his neck before I take a deep breath and pull away.

"Thank you, again." I sniffle, wiping under my eyes. "That's the second time you've helped me out. And sorry, I probably have mascara all over my face now." I laugh.

"You're always welcome, Blakely." He speaks.
I smile and nod my head.

"You have just a little right here," He says, taking his thumb and wiping it away. "But you still look beautiful to me." He adds softly, making me blush before I look down.

I turn away and walk over to his jacket before handing it him.

"Here you go." I smile.

"Thank you. Could I possibly get your number? Just incase I ever lend you a jacket again?" He jokes and I nod my head as he hands me his phone.

I type in my number and name before giving it back. He shoots me a text so I too, have his number, before he brings me in for another hug.

"See you Monday." He waves as he walks out of my room.

"See ya." I laugh before following behind him because it would be rude not to at least walk him to the door. I wondered if Dustin had let him in and how he found my room, but I assumed it was from the yelling.

As I shut the door behind me, I tell myself to ask him that later. I take off my shoes and change into a hoodie and a pair of comfortable shorts before plopping down on my bed. Of course I would be the one with no plans on a Friday.

After my mom got home, Kayleigh, my mom, and I go out to eat at the towns diner. I order my usual, a plain cheeseburger with a side of fries and chocolate milk shake. The whole time, Kayleigh has the floor, all attention on her as she talks about her day.

I sip from my chocolate milk obnoxiously on purpose while she talks, getting complaints from her but laughs from me. Eventually I feel the need to go to the bathroom, excusing myself from the table even though no one cared.

I used the bathroom, before washing my hands. I dried them off with a paper towel before staring at myself in the mirror. My eyes were surrounded by dark circles. I definitely look tired and exhausted, which I was. Especially with all the Branden stuff.

When I get back to the table, Kayleigh is still blabbering about her day. Obsessing over some hot guy who she said she had two classes with. My mom listened the whole time, which I don't see how.

I turn my head a little, looking around the diner. A bunch of old couples are here as well as a few kids from our school. I get a few waves at them, of course, I wave back. Out the corner of my eye I can see out the window and I notice a figure just standing there in the parking lot. I turn my head to the parking lot and the figure is gone. I furrow my brows in confusion. I look around the parking lot and it's not there.

The figure was definitely a tall human. A male I would say; a broad male with dark clothing on. I swallow as I see thinking about how creepy that was and turn my attention back to my family.

I really need to get home and get some rest.