Okay that's a little weird

I walked back inside and looked down at the adorable little baby in my arms. She was so small and delicate, her hand was wrapped around my finger and her bright blue eyes stared back at me. Her mouth opened and closed although she didn't make a sound like she was having a silent conversation.

"That's Emmy, 'member? She's 8 months old!" Jimmy chirped from beside me.

I looked at him, he had shaggy dark hair and gorgeous green eyes. "Hey Jimmy, Have you eaten yet?" I asked.

"Nope! But I'm hungwey could you make me somethin' ?" He pleaded.

"Of course! Let's see what you have for me to make.." I said trailing as I opened a large cupboard beside the fridge. My jaw dropped open, it was filled with food, there was a shelf just of Kraft Dinner, there was a shelf with all types of cookies, a shelf with canned foods etc... I went from cupboard to cupboard, each was the same, piled with food.

"Oookaaay, I guess you can have anything you want because I'm guessing you have it."

"Um... SPAGHETTI! I looove spaghetti!"

"Alright." I said as I started to boil some water in a pot over the stove. "Okay while that's boiling lets go play, anything you have in mind?"

"Monopoly!" Jimmy called.

"Just the two of us? It's a long game." I warned.

"S'okay!" He answered brightly.

Can you get it or do you need me to?" I asked shifting Emma to my other arm.

"Gaauh!" She called to no one. Her voice was so light and sweet.

"I'll do it! I'll do it!" He called over his shoulder as he sprinted down the stairs to the basement.

I scratched the back of my head before letting out a sigh, this was going to be an easy night, and once they fall asleep I can go out to the pool, what could be better?

Suddenly I heard a loud crash, my heart raced worrying about what had happened, I set Emma down on a couch sitting up in a corner than ran down the stairs.

"Jimmy!" I called, my hair was flying in every direction not that I cared, "Jimmy!"

Ya?" He asked stepping into the hall way with the monopoly game under his arm.

I  skidded to a halt to avoid crashing into him. "What happened!" I tried to calm my racing heart.

"Oh, I just copuldn't get the game down but then I did, let's go play!" He said excitedly as he skipped towards the stairs.

Before I followed him I glanced into the room, my eyes widened. A huge bookcase against one wall was knocked over, board games, scattered the floor and a dent was in the wall. "Oh shi-" I was cut off by Jimmy calling my name.

"I'm comming!" I called back before running up the stars, I had forgotten about Emma.

The second I opened the door to go into the living room, screams reached my ears. "Emma!" I yelled scanning the room. Emma lay sprawled on the couch, her head at an uncomfortable angle, Jimmy sat on the couch across the room watching her.

He looked up at me, tears in him eyes, make her stop!" He began to sob, "She's scaring me!"

"Emma.." I whispered as I picked her up in my arms cradling her. "Shhh, shh, everything's alright, ya, let it out, everything is okay, tell me all about it." I murmured into her ear.

She stopped screaming completely and just looked at me like she was in a trance, I rubber her back soothlinglyand whispered, "Emma, Ya your my little Emmy girl, ya, it'[s okay, alright? I'm going to watch you, it's okay.." I trailed off.

She blinked at me than reached for my finger, I gave it to get and she held onto it with her fist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please read, review and vote!! Thank you!