The real beginning: Metting cute little Jimmy

(Authors note: This chapter is the real beginning of the story (: Please comment, vote and fan!)

Colin had left 2 days ago and since then I finished fixing up my house as much as I could, I hit another dead spot in my book where everything seems boring as I wait for something exciting to happen so I was sitting on my couch, bored out of my mind, not knowing what to do when I remembered that lady from the paint store's conversation.

The next thing I knew I was hanging up posters advertising me as a babysitter, my number was on little pieces of paper at the bottom so I someone was interested they could take it home.

I had just finished stapling my last poster to a pole beside the park when a ball hit me in the leg. I reached down and picked it up.

"That's mine." A young voice said but it somehow sounded dangerous. "Can I have it back!" It continued but this time it sounded happy and sweet. Looking down I saw a 6 years old boy with dark brown hair and light brown eyes, he looked up at me innocently, he was just so cute!

"Here you go." I said nicely.

"Thanks! Do you want to play with me?"

"Would your mom be OK with it?"

"Sure!" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the park where his parents were swinging a little baby girl. "Mom! Dad! I found me and Emmy a new babysitter!"

"It's Emmy and I Jimmy and you can't just pick someone of the street to babysit you." His mom said shaking her head.

"Actually, I was just looking for a babysitting job, I know that you don't know me or anything but I could give you the numbers of some of the people I babysat before, also I get straight A's and I'm going to University this year to be an authoress."

"I'm Montana and this is my husband Mark, I-we'll think about it, how can I contact you?"

"I have posters all around town with my number on it, one is right over there actually, my name is Natalie."

"Well we have to be heading home now but we might call if our usual babysitter can't"

"Of coarse, I totally understand, have a nice day, bye Jimmy!"

"Bye!" He called back waving as he left.

That night while I was making myself a snack in the kitchen my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi, I would like to know if you can babysit Jimmy and Emma tomorrow, it's Montana by the way. Any how I know it's short notice but...."

"Oh it's fine I would love to babysit for you, just give me the address and I'll be there tomorrow!"