3: The Summer Pact

The next morning was awkward, to say the least. But I didn't really dwell on the pain of last night although, I knew it was still there. I wanted to forget the pain, not the cause. But I knew I was a long way from there. So for the entire morning, I sat in my new room, with little Mae and we played. More as if she played and I mindlessly just went along with it. Maelle saw but did nothing. For such a small child, she sure was smart. 

Piggy plugged into my ears, helped a little with the pain but I didn't really forget about it all day. I felt as if I had a large shadow looming over me, threatening to rain, but it never coming. Just staying grey, heavy and thick over me. Kings of Leon's 'Use Somebody' was helping me.. But not really. It just reminded me of her. 

After hours of music and staying in the frivelous, pink room, I decided to go for a walk. The beach always calmed me. The sound of the waves smashing against the sand, the birds softly calling and flying, the children so innocently playing on the beach. The sand was soft and white, getting stuck in my sneakers. I didn't mind one bit though. Being taken into the life of the beach, made me momentarily forget about my new, awful life and reminded me of the mysterious, good looking, rude, boy from yesterday. I don't know how or why but he made me smile. And I couldn't take that smile off. 

Walking mindlessly for hours just picking sea shells or dipping my feet in the ocean. My hair was being whipped everywhere, the wind picking up, messing it up. The curls in my hair getting tighter and tangled further. I had walked until sunset, down to almost the end of the beach. 

Thats when I heard it. The sweet sound of the guitar with a beautiful voice accompanied to it.

..."And I'm free fallin'....I wanna glide down over Mulholland

I wanna write her her name in the sky

I'm wanna free fall out into nothin'

Oh Im gonna leave this this world for a while"

I could hear the gorgeous voice, the melodical guitar. I was transfixed so I followed the sound. It took me to this little rock arrangment, with a small fire in the middle. I couldn't see who was singing but I didn't want them to see me. I could see their brown hair and striking blue eyes. Those eyes. I knew them. I gasped and tripped over a piece of wood. I fell onto the sand with a hard ,"Oof!" 

Well I guess my cover was blown. The douche from the beach got up and walked over to me, "How much of that did you hear?" No 'are you okay?' or, 'you hurt?', nope. Just another rude comment.

"Don't worry I won't tell anybody. Unlike some people, I'm not rude." I said, with sarcasm dripping.

"OOOH, we getting feisty, I like my women like that." he said back, in that husky voice of his, moving closer to me until he backed me into a tree. It took all I had in me not to kiss him right there and then. But I knew it would just lead to another heartbreak, again. 

With a shaky voice I said, "I'm only your woman in your dreams jerk, now move away or I'll make sure those poor children that will be born one day, aren't." 

I slowly started to walk away, from the heat, the beauty of that moment. I felt the adrenaline rushing but of course, this guy never knew when to stop. He chased after me and with those eyes, those pure, blue eyes, said, "The names Luke."

I looked confused and just to be polite, replied with, "Marnie," and just to sound cocky, "but you already knew that." he chuckled, lightly. 

And with that, I turned and walked away, down the moonlight of the sandy beach, his chuckle haunting me the entire way back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY! Impromptu upload! I know it's short and I've been completely MIA from Wattpad and I'm really sorry. BUT HEY! I did upload. SO yeah, please leave comments bellow of what you think and vote if you like. :) 

OH! And I'm doing this thing where I've uploaded waaay too many book ideas so I need you guys to go vote on your favourites and then inbox me on your top 2. Cause I know you're prolly getting pissed at me but I have YET AGAIN uploaded another book idea :)

Hate on me all you want. BUT GO VOTE!

Thanks :)