Chapter Twenty- One.

“Good to see you back Capt.!” Beers were raised as I was surrounded by not only my team, but many of the other SAS soldiers I knew.

My gaze landed on the small band of soldiers behind everyone and Griffin gave me a small nod and raised his drink.

I’d passed the physical and mental evaluations without a problem and tomorrow we were being shipped off to Afghanistan to prepare for a mission in a fortnight’s time.

I tried to join in on the festivities but I just couldn’t, I wasn’t happy. I walked over to where Jack, Gunner and Griff sat with a few of the guys who’d visited me at the pack. No words were exchanged and I knew that they had all heard from one of the three about what had happened; their looks of pity and sadness were a good enough indicator that they knew.

I don’t know how many beers I went through but the most I got was a slight buzz throughout the night when I should’ve been off my face.

“Is there some kind of werewolf mojo that stops you from getting drunk because Eve’s had way past what she should?” I heard Jack asked Gunner.

He snickered as I turned to glare at Jack. “Yeah, our metabolisms are much higher so our bodies run hotter and burn up food, drugs and alcohol really quickly; we can’t get high, fat or drunk.”

“That would suck.” Jack said. “I guess it’s good I still can.” He took another swig of his beer, smirking at me and I just gave him a sour face.

“I’ll remember that jab for next time you get shit faced; I still have that video of you walking into a gay strip club, picking a fight with one of the dancers and then taking his pole.” He sputtered on the sip he’d taken as his face turned red and eyes focused on me in a hard glare.

“You said that you deleted that!” He shouted.

I shrugged and with a grin, took another sip, but there was none left. “Oops I guess I forgot.” I stood, carrying the bottle to the nearest bin before heading towards the bar. I leant on it with one elbow as I waited for the bar tender, surveying the crowd. There was a live mic and many couples were scattered around; I, my friends and the other team were in the back and there was another group of around six college boys.

I felt a pinch on my butt and I growled but ignored it, hoping that they’d go away.

“Hey sweet thang, can I getcha a drink?” I huffed and rolled my eyes, cracking my neck and slowly turning my head to see one of the college kids standing behind me, way to close for my liking. Black hair, beady little brown eyes, tan skin, a few inches taller than me; he could’ve been mildly attractive if he wasn’t so sleazy.

“No thanks.” I tried to be polite, shut him down nicely but he just wouldn’t take the hint. The bartender noticed us and walked over.

“What can I get you?”

“I’ll have what this lovely lady’s having.” My fists clenched as he pressed himself up against my back again. The bartended shot me a weary glance at my expression but uncapped the bottles and slid them over. I looked away for one second after hearing the boys laugh and when I looked back again, the guy was handing me a beer with a chilling smirk. Cautiously I took it and when I raised it to my lips, I detected the scent of some kind of drug; the punk had spiked my drink!

How many other girls had he done it to?

Did he honestly expect me to drink it so he could lead me away and force himself on me?

From the smirk on his face I already knew the answer so I did the one thing he wanted; I took a swig. I knew that the drug wouldn’t affect me and when he tried to lead me out back he was in for a very nasty surprise. “Thanks.” I said with a smirk of my own before I walked back to the table.