Chapter Ten.

I watched from the sidelines as Jenna’s pack sparred with each other. There were so many men that training was always spilt in half so one group would fight while the others did drills. Jenna allowed any woman that wanted to fight, train with the men. Hers was the only pack to do this; as well as the only pack to have a female alpha.

As they fought I stood next to Jenna, arms crossed, face impassive. “What do you think?” She asked.

I narrowed my eyes on their ‘best’ warrior and shook my head. “He’s been fighting for an thirty minutes and he’s beginning to tire; I’ve already told you that you need to work on their endurance. You should have days where all you do is make them do circuits, weights, treading water and running.  Split them into three groups instead of two and base them on ability and skill. Alternate between the groups and let one fight while the other works on their fitness and stamina and the third will do drills. Not only should you teach them how to fight, you should also teach them tactics and how to work together in a team; organise hunts throughout your territory to challenge them and make a big competition out of it.”

As I gave her ideas her eyes began to light up and I knew that she liked a few of my ideas. “You’re a genius Eve.”  

I nodded and kept watching the enforcers when a guard came running towards Jenna. “There are men here claiming to know Eve; humans and a rouge.” Immediately the men stopped fighting and turned to the messenger. They all knew that rouges were dangerous; not this one though… not to them at least.

I took off running to the front of the house with Jenna and the men right behind me.

When I reached the front of the house two big black trucks greeted me and the people who’d driven them were being contained by guards. When they saw me they took down the enforcers and sprinted towards me. I laughed as Jackson reached me first and scooped me up in a big hug. Soon I was being passed around until I was ripped away and shielded behind a broad back; my dad, Ace.

“Who are you and how do you know my daughter?” He growled at them.

I watched as they all stood their ground and stared at my father. I stepped out from behind him and walked back over to my friends. “These are my friends; friends, meet my father.”

They nodded slightly to him before Jenna stepped forward with three guards. “Eve do you realise that he,” She said pointing to Gunner. “Is a rouge?”

Gunner stiffened slightly and growled lowly before I elbowed him in the side. “I know.” I’d known for years. I’d grown up in a huge pack of werewolves; of course I would know the signs. I’d never confronted him because it didn’t affect his capacity to do his job so I guess it came as a surprise for him to know that I always knew he was a wolf.

I looked to Hansel to see his face darkened and his eye twitch. “You’ve been off with a rouge for the last seven years?” He was fuming; probably because he knew that I’d wanted to get away from wolves, only to work with one.

I kept my face impassive as I stepped forward. “May I remind you that your mate was a rouge for hundreds of years? May I remind you that I didn’t run away to ‘be off with a rouge’; I ran away and joined the military. That rouge,” I said, pointing to Gunner. “Has saved my life countless times and had my back through thick and thin, so don’t disrespect him just because he doesn’t follow an alpha around like a good little bitch.” I hissed.

I heard Gunner and Griff choke back laughter as I turned back to them. They were the only two in the group who knew that the men and women around them were werewolves; though the others would be able to sense that something was off about them. I knew they’d eventually figure it out, unless I could convince Jenna to let me tell them; after all, they were my family.